PDA

View Full Version : What cam to use?

Pistonhead
01-28-2005, 12:24 AM
Hey, I'm wondering what sort of aftermarket cam to put in the big red project? I'm looking for good overall power but especially on the bottom end. Also what valves/springs or other parts should I use with the cam? Thanks dudes.

:beer

MTS
01-28-2005, 12:31 AM
have you checked out www.webcamshafts.com , there one of the few that still make cams for the bikes...so i have found anyways

Pistonhead
01-28-2005, 12:36 AM
Oh yeah thanks for reminding me, I checked web cams, will a 200x/185s cam and valves work in a 200/200e? Also does anybody have the paint code for Honda passion red for the 82 200e?

MTS
01-28-2005, 01:02 AM
yea the valves are the same

Pistonhead
01-28-2005, 01:14 AM
Alright, thanks for the info man! I've just been compiling my list of parts, and I know that no matter how well I plan ahead there will be something I forget, then when I bolt her all together I'll be like "crap, shoulda remembered I needed that part!!!". Haha, I'm going to get a few of my parts on saturday, I can't wait to finish this project and ressurect the roost! I never get tired of doing this kind of stuff, but making the parts list sometimes makes my fists clench lol! I've also been helping my buddy with rebuilding his Cr125, thats been a good workout as well. Doing this stuff is good for you though, although sometimes it seems we do more listening to metal, eating chips and pop and riding the other bikes than working on our project bikes though!

MTS
01-28-2005, 01:17 AM
so true so true, you think you have a big parts list , you should see mine......long long long...and i always think of something new to add....lol

Pistonhead
01-28-2005, 01:33 AM
Haha, I'm like, the DEFINITIVE parts list is completed! I show it to my buddy and he's like: It would sure be different riding a trike with no fenders, no exhaust system, and no brakes!

hotroddal
01-28-2005, 09:01 AM
go into the dennis kirk catalog and order a cam out of there, thats where i ordered the cam for my 200s i have and i think the suppliers name is HOTCAMS, but i cant remember exactly, and i think there is around $112 for one, but it gives excellent lowend torque, and i could notice aliitle bit more top end power.

StangLX302
01-28-2005, 07:02 PM
I would just use an XR200 cam. It's half the price of those and is bigger than the stock cam and the 200x cam.