PDA

View Full Version : Jekyll and Hyde Tecate

GreenLightening
01-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Here is a couple of early pics of my 84. Since I have the stock plastic and a second set of plastic, I am going to restore the stock plastic to factory and went wild on a second set. Those are maier rears that I bought off ebay for little or nothing, probably because they were covered with krylon and scratched and rolled and everything else you can think of. I dont really care for the look of the lo pros anyway so I did not feel bad about chopping them.

I have not decided on any graphics yet. any ideas let me know. It needs some. I almost hate to cover any of that kandy tangerine paint though. It looks amazing out in the sun. I know the rest of the wheeler is pretty dirty at the moment, I just set the plastic on it to get an idea how it looks and what design to put on it. Ill keep you guys updated.

Jeb
01-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Hey that looks awesome! Good to see you around here again!

And nice swingarm and axle BTW! ;) :beer

MassTrike
01-26-2005, 01:35 PM
You have a really sweet T3 man. I always love seeing a first gen tecate. How does the paint on the plastics fair? any chipping?

GreenLightening
01-27-2005, 12:35 AM
:eek: Apparently orange tecates are not popular on 3ww.

Thanks Jeb, Long time no see. Ill have to hang around some more. You know I had a nice calm original 84 till you sold me those parts. ever since then its just been getting better and better. thanks again.

You have a really sweet T3 man. I always love seeing a first gen tecate. How does the paint on the plastics fair? any chipping?

Thanks MassTrike. The paint does really well. Its not indestructable by any means. As long as you dont roll it over and peel the fenders over the tires or smack a tree at speed, It works great. If you run a lot of gravel roads it will chip some under the fenders but nothing serious that cant be touched up.

MTS
01-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Man that thing is one bad ass T3...absolutely love the orange!

Pistonhead
01-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Man that thing is one bad ass T3...absolutely love the orange!

Couldn't have said it better myself! :beer