PDA

View Full Version : White Big Red!

PowerTrike
01-25-2005, 10:07 PM
On ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4521856267&category=6724

Front forks are red, tank has obviously been repainted white but look at those plastics! They look like they might have came that way from Honda. They are sort of beat up but I see no hint of them being repainted or red showing through. Still have very worn OEM looking stickers on them! I've never seen this before, anybody else??

CHAINSAW
01-25-2005, 10:08 PM
thats real white fenders. The cracks would be the tattle tell if they were painted.

Maine_Triker
01-25-2005, 10:09 PM
The plasics look and are probly stock honda, but I bet they were painted...

smokinp
01-25-2005, 10:35 PM
I dont like it....

Darius1502
01-25-2005, 10:49 PM
A bunch of crap heads who are trying to make money on the 3 wheeler craze. Those stupid fenders are just faded to all hell.

John mendolera
01-25-2005, 11:56 PM
It look's ugly in my opion

Tri-ZNate
01-26-2005, 12:25 AM
You can get white plastics for them probably just like that pink fender thread for a 350x. and the gas tank is probably an '86 Sx without the decals. As for the forks well they r F~~~ed up. And spotless? well that either dirt or rust. Take trailprotrailpro pic.

Jeb
01-26-2005, 12:47 AM
I'm not familiar with the decals for the big reds, but in the pic below I see two red areas under the word "Big Red" that may prove the fenders are painted.

patblkwell
01-26-2005, 01:47 AM
The only TRUE white Bigred that I have ever seen was on Police Academy 2 when the guy was driving the police edition Bigred on the beach. That was a special make for the movie I bet..

BIGRED_87
01-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Hmmmm...Those decals on the fenders sure do look alot like '84 decals and NOT '83. This person has it listed as an '83. I'm thinking that it is an '84, which would mean a better bike because it would have reverse. I'm just wondering why, if it does in fact have reverse, would the guy not list this fact as it would only serve to make the bike more enticing? And the picture of the left side of the engine is just not good enough for me to tell if that is an '84 engine or not. I think I'm going to have to e-mail him. I'll post what he tells me on here once he replies.

Lomax
01-26-2005, 10:20 AM
They are probably maier fenders, I ordered some the other day for an 85 BigRed and it was amazing how close they actually looked to the factory ones. The only thing about that is, where on earth did he get a white headlight from????

BIGRED_87
01-26-2005, 10:46 AM
I also remember a few years ago seeing a Big Red 250es on ebay, and it was YELLOW! The guy stated in the auction that he actually took the gas tank, the 2 rear fenders, the tool box lid, and the front fender off of the machine and had them all coated with a layer of that Rhino Lining that you see on television. That was a really cool idea, and I'd probably do it too if I have the money. But the question in my mind was, why tell the Rhino people to coat them with YELLOW!?!? EEEEEEKKKK!!!

BIGRED_87
01-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Here is my question to him:

Hello. Does this 200ES have reverse gear? Is it shaft or chain driven? Thanks!

Here is his reply:

No, doesn't have reverse and it is chain driven. Thanks.

Maine_Triker
01-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Here is my question to him:

Hello. Does this 200ES have reverse gear? Is it shaft or chain driven? Thanks!

Here is his reply:

No, doesn't have reverse and it is chain driven. Thanks.

lol, who can believe him on the 'real' white fenders than? He doesn't even know what model he has.

Lomax
01-26-2005, 06:00 PM
I dont really know what to think about them, I know that they are not factory, I am still leaning toward aftermarkets but If you look at the picture that JEB posted of it the bolt head (near the stickers) apears to be painted white. I cant tell for certain but it also seems odd that if they are indeed painted then how did they get so scratched up without the red coming back through, if you notice the gouges in the fender are still dirty so theres no way they have been "touched up" i would think.