PDA

View Full Version : uh oh, did i break something?

Yamahauler
01-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Right now, my trike is sitting down at the shop. I have all the crankcaswe covers removed, I took the primary clutch off and then loosened the bolts that compress the springs in the secondary clutch. Now i dont know why i did this, but i pulled the gear shifter up to shift up and now i dont think its back in neutral.
Did I break something?
How do I fix it?

Dirtcrasher
01-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Right now, my trike is sitting down at the shop. I have all the crankcaswe covers removed, I took the primary clutch off and then loosened the bolts that compress the springs in the secondary clutch. Now i dont know why i did this, but i pulled the gear shifter up to shift up and now i dont think its back in neutral.
Did I break something?
How do I fix it?

If all you touched were the clutches and you didn't slide the shift shaft out or anything then it shouldn't have changed anything.

thefox
01-26-2005, 12:12 AM
Well if you didn't touch anything other then the clutches then it should be fine. The gear change arm is behind the clutch and you may have knocked that. I don't have my book or engine here and it is tough to describe without a picture. Check where the shifter comes out of the case on the right side, there is an arm and roller thing; make sure they are still lined up. Sorry for the poor description. If you can't get it then take a picture of the right side and post it.

Anybody else?

Yamahauler
01-26-2005, 02:16 AM
I'll take a picture, I am not sure, but i think it is in neutral now (when i spin the axel, i can hold the secondary clutch with my hand and it is not trying to move. But another thing I was wondering is if it should be able to shift at all when the primary clutch is off.
This is the first motor i've took apart and i am doing it by myslef (with aid with my buddy Clymer) so I am going really slow and cautious. And i am panicing a lot.
Thanks for the help