PDA

View Full Version : Should I make this trade?

Lomax
01-24-2005, 10:51 AM
I found a 85 200X with a 200s motor on it (runs great), comes with the original 200X motor and a 8? Yamaha TriZinger 60? threewheeler, the guy wants to trade me for my 250SX. My SX has a burned up starter the shifter return spring is broke and the kickstarter wont engage anymore. It also has no front fender and the rear fenders are off of a 185s (It was like that when i bought it). The 200X he has needs rear fenders (these are cut) and the seat cover is torn up but it is drivable if you dont mind getting real dirty while doing it. I would say that it and the SX are in equal condition its just a matter of value and that little Yamaha thats making me wonder what I should do?

raptor
01-24-2005, 11:05 AM
swap! if it works and yours dont do it!

Get some photos too dude!

New2ATC
01-24-2005, 11:17 AM
you should do it.. it is worth it.. and i agree with degreez.. get some pics..

bonkers_200s
01-24-2005, 11:39 AM
A barely running sx, for two trikes and a spare motor??

Trade, beat the zigger around while rebiulding the 200X motor, intsall it on the frame and pimp it out, restore the zinger, rebiuld the 200s motor, then go find an S frame, that should keep you busy for awhile, and I'm going to jump on the "get pics now" train:P

bigredhead
01-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Fix the SX.

shaft drive.. reverse.. electric start you need to fix.. no biggie.

to hell with the kicker once you fix the elec start..

more power.. and creature comforts!

You can't go ride with your friends on the zigner.. other than beer in hand races..

I say keep the SX and fix it up !

Lomax
01-24-2005, 12:16 PM
I have tried to post pics before but it never seems to work I'll try again, if this works then here is one of my 185s that I sold, if it didnt work then someone tell me what i am doing wrong because i would love to show people pics of my 200X that I am and other trikes that i have done before.

Lomax
01-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Nope it didnt work, again,someone is going to have to walk me through this.
BigRedHead= The guy that i am considering trading the SX to is constantly trading through items. I keep enough money set back at all times so when i see a trike that i want, i go get it. He will more than likley not keep it more than a month or two but he will fix it, So i am thinking that I trade him, let him fix it and keep a sharp eye on him, and Ill get it back for a little more than i paid for it the first time, only this time around It will be working.

bigredhead
01-24-2005, 12:23 PM
had to right click and save as.. but nice and very clean !!!

Dammit!
01-24-2005, 12:54 PM
Here you go.

Edit: whoa. What's up with that? :wondering

Lomax
01-24-2005, 12:58 PM
I cant figure it out, I am not real good with computers in the first place, when they tell me I am doing something wrong or whatever i did doesnt work right, I just lean back in my chair and begin giving the computer a long hard stare because i know what i want it to do but have no idea how to do it.

Dammit!
01-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Maybe the admins are working on something right now. I did it right so I have no idea why it came out like that.

Lomax
01-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Yeah I am about to run in the back and take a pic of the SX and try it.

Lomax
01-24-2005, 01:38 PM
here they are (if they worked) it has a good headlight I just have not put it back on there yet.

Tri-ZNate
01-24-2005, 08:57 PM
The guy that i am considering trading the SX to is constantly trading through items. I keep enough money set back at all times so when i see a trike that i want, i go get it. He will more than likley not keep it more than a month or two but he will fix it, So i am thinking that I trade him, let him fix it and keep a sharp eye on him, and Ill get it back for a little more than i paid for it the first time, only this time around It will be working.

That sounds like a sneaky, kniving, diabolical plan! Nice idea :)

atczack
01-24-2005, 09:06 PM
Haha, yes, you are a genious. If you keep the sx, that is your project. If you trade, you have two more project's (200x and zinger) and one potential project (200s) plus keeping an eye on the guy to fix the sx and get it back like you said. Brilliant. DO IT! :beer

MTS
01-24-2005, 09:12 PM
trade man!!! thats a steal for you~!!

bigredhead
01-24-2005, 09:14 PM
What happens if he fixes the SX and likes it so much he keeps it !! you can always find another SX maybe ... i guess.

But i like my SX a hellovalot, and personally it's the caddy of trikes in my book ! It's all about the comfort !

Lomax
01-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Yeah I love the SX as well but But i couldnt pass up a 2 for one deal + a motor.

bigredhead
01-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Hmm... i still woulda kept the SX.

ok X tho. clean it up and it should add about 10 mph LOL..

Lomax
01-25-2005, 12:59 PM
Well the kicker part of the deal was this. The first Anything that I ever rode was a Yamaha Tri-Zinger 60. Now It wasnt mine but i got to ride it all the time and i always wanted one. In 1985 My dad bought a new 85 model 200X. It was his first machine to ever own. Several years ago he sold it and has really decided to hiself that he screwed up and wishes that he wouldnt have. I went over to there house last night and he seen that one in the back of the truck and it was just like a trip down memory lane for him, so now, He has Himself a 1985 200X (once restored) again.