PDA

View Full Version : 200x paint questions

hancadam
01-23-2005, 03:19 PM
First off everyone here has been a great help. I just bought a 200x trike. And would like to get it looking new. Everything mechanical is flawless. I has all new bearing, rebuilt motor, ans fresh brakes all aroung. I just ordered new plastics and a seat. The next thing I want to do is paint it. Is there anywhere I can get real honda spray paint, or do I just need to go to walmart and get the closest color match. Thanks for your help everyone. Thanks Adam

HRC1
01-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Do not get wallyworld paint or the equivalent. it will fade and fall off. At the least use pj1 honda red paint, available at your handa dealer or dennis kirk and fallow the instructions religiously. Or powdercoat the frame if u want a ultra durable, awesome finish. Or take it to a bodyshop and have them spray it woth good auto paint. u will hate $3 a can spraybomb garbage.

ClayW
01-23-2005, 04:28 PM
I use PPG basecoat clearcoat. All the other stuff turns to crap too easy. Especially the tank. Spill gas on spray can paint and its toast. The shines gone or greatly reduced. Cost a little extra, but well worth it. :beer

hancadam
01-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Is there anywhere online to buy this paint. Also what is a good exhaust paint. I dont have a honda shop near me. Thanks guys!

hancadam
01-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Please Help

ClayW
01-23-2005, 08:27 PM
You would have to get it at a paint and body supply store. You would also need a paint gun. To do a tank it would prob cost you $70 in supplies. But you would never have to worry about it again. :beer