PDA

View Full Version : kxt250 only kicks after it gets hot

lonestar
01-23-2005, 01:53 PM
I have a 85 T3, to get this thing started I have to pull it with a truck, It will always start after 15 to 20 yards. Once it starts it runs great and will kick start. Any Ideas on what would cause the thing not to start with the kick first.?????????

hondaATCman
01-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Low compression

bonkers_200s
01-23-2005, 02:22 PM
This has happend to me before, I just changed the plug, wasn't getting good spark, and had to be towed, backfiring most of the weay untill it started.

Also a friend of mine had adjusted my idle once, and messed it up hardcore, it wouldn't start unless it was hot, and if you did get it started it would idle very high until it warmed up, when he told me he messed with it, I wanted to slap the tar out of his face.

Don't know if that helps, but those have been my experiances.

lonestar
01-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Sounds easy enough! Iguess i will have the compression checked and if it is low go ahead and buy new rings and hone the cylinder. change the plug and have the carb tuned up.

thanks

tecate250RR
01-23-2005, 06:49 PM
had the same problem with mine, i could kick till my leg would hurt. it turned out to be the carb. never did figure what was wrong with it, so i gave up and bought a new one. now i have no more problems with it.

TimSr
01-23-2005, 08:20 PM
Low compression

First thing I would check too, especially if it starts okay when its warm. The piston swells when its hot, and masks the problem.