PDA

View Full Version : cheap new front brake parts!!!

hrc85250r
01-23-2005, 03:09 AM
HEY!!! everyone with a 85-86 atc250r has got to get this stuff....brand new front master cylinder for a cannondale quad for 25.00!!!! fits my atc perfect and looks awesome!!!! and the stock 9.99 cannondale dirtbike front brake line is galfer ss braided line, and guess what???? IT FITS LIKE FACTORY ATC!!!!!! stiffened my brakes up like brand new and looks awesome !!!! i will post pics later today, i just finished it and it is amazing, what a deal...the best 35 bucks ive spent on my machine yet! i suggest everyone with an atc buys these two considering you probly wont find as good of a deal as this for a while, and i swear they fit like factory, even the line!

and they are buy it now!

ebay #: 4519977668 and 4519968024

Xowner
01-23-2005, 03:24 AM
dose the line look like it will fit a stock honda master cyl?

hrc85250r
01-23-2005, 03:46 AM
yeah it will def. fit the stock master cylinder....all atv and dirtbike brake banjo fittings are 99% of the time the same, no matter the brand...

Dammit!
01-23-2005, 04:03 AM
Is that steel braided brake line same length as factory?

Edit: Answered my own question. They state that it's "approximately" 51 inches. I measured my stock line as best I could while it's still mounted and I come up 49 inches. Close enough! Ordered! Steel braided brake lines are the shiznit. :w00t:

hrc85250r
01-23-2005, 02:34 PM
Considering that if you ordered a braided line for a atc250r specifically, you would end up paying like 80-100$, so i think that this is an insane deal that i had to tell eveyrone about....

Dammit!
01-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Yeah really. $16.99 isn't much to risk to see if it works and the performance benefit of steel braided versus rubber is enormous. You got a pic of the line installed on yours?

Now go find me a deal like this for the back brake. :D

trikerider2oo7
01-23-2005, 03:06 PM
hmm...i wonder if one will work on my x. are the fittings the same?

350x'inNY
01-23-2005, 03:47 PM
Wow! Thanks for letting us know! I got 2 brake lines and one master cylinder. I will probably buy more master cylinders when I get paid. They look very similar to the Honda master cylinders! Seems like NISSON is on some of the Honda brake parts/calipars I have here. That's crazy that they have 100 of these up for sale!

Bruce

hrc85250r
01-23-2005, 07:22 PM
ALL of the fittings arw the same and ALL hondas use nissin, any master cylinder will work, but the atvfront master cylinders, like the one i listed here are made to push more fluid thru the lines because the little cylinders in the caliper are bigger and there are usually more of them (like on a quad)...the bike master cylinders like the other ones this guy has for sale are smaller because the bikes calipers have closer tolerances(because they dont float, they are fixed) and are smaller.... The only difference in the master cylinders between this one and stock is this one has a threaded hole towards the inside of the lever on the "perch" area for a mirror or special cannondale handgaurds or something...and remember 99.99% of all atv/dirtbike brake fittings are the same, no matter the brand....

BIG BAD RED
01-23-2005, 07:27 PM
not all are the same you have to take into consideration the degree of bend on the banjo. and a atv master is going to have a higher capacity so it will push more fluid. it will be very twitchy (on off kind of brakes) if your not carefull.

hrc85250r
01-23-2005, 07:51 PM
not all are the same you have to take into consideration the degree of bend on the banjo. and a atv master is going to have a higher capacity so it will push more fluid. it will be very twitchy (on off kind of brakes) if your not carefull.

true, but i checked the actual cylinder bore, and they are almost exactly the same, and it isnt twitchy....it is solid though...and yur right about the banjo bends, and they work very well with a 250r, the only change i made was i swapped the direction of the line, so the banjo bends are the opposite of what they would be on the cannondale, i cant get the little rubber gaurd off where the fittings crimp is so i just left it on.... and i will post pics in a minute....

hrc85250r
01-23-2005, 08:10 PM
heres the pics!!!! note that the brake line is not hitting anything down by the caliper in is about an inch away from the disk or rim, so it wont touch anything in the event that a branch or rock hits it...looks good dont it?

i am trying to figure out what i could use for the line slider/holder thing that comes off the lower clamps...as it sits, the metal thing will chew it down pretty good(the plastic inside it cracked all to hell), so i am trying to find one from a bike to use...idk....and i know the rubber protector on the end of the line is supposed to be on top....i couldnt get it off it is a little bit stretch resistant than the older stuff, so i am going to see if i like it and if i dont i will just cut it off....

Kaysen
01-23-2005, 08:37 PM
It may be a stupid question (you never know untill you ask) but when your forks compress, where does the extra brake line go? Does it bulge out the top or the bottom. Thanks, and a very nice find hrc. Kaysen Also, is it off of a dirt bike???

hrc85250r
01-23-2005, 09:14 PM
It may be a stupid question (you never know untill you ask) but when your forks compress, where does the extra brake line go? Does it bulge out the top or the bottom. Thanks, and a very nice find hrc. Kaysen Also, is it off of a dirt bike???

it goes up just like the old stuff did, nothing crazy happens, i checked it out before i posted this, it can only go up because of the clamp at the bottom of the forks.... and yes it came off a bike, if it came off a quad (if it was long enough) it wouldnt have the hard plastic line protector on it....

kilabeez0
01-23-2005, 09:17 PM
any of this good for a 200x?

hrc85250r
01-23-2005, 09:29 PM
not sure if it will work....you would have to measure the front brake line and if it is as long as the ebay listing says or within a couple inches yeah it should all work....or be pretty close....

Kaysen
01-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Thought so, and that explains the black protector around the line. I plan on buying one ASAP. Kaysen

Dammit!
01-23-2005, 09:50 PM
heres the pics!!!! ....

Looks good man. It appears that there's room to move some of the slack from the bottom to the top. Might need a rubber sleeve around the metal part of the line to make it work in the clamp though.

Looking forward to getting mine. Thanks again for posting about it. I'm tempted to get another one just because they're so cheap. :beer

hrc85250r
01-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Looks good man. It appears that there's room to move some of the slack from the bottom to the top. Might need a rubber sleeve around the metal part of the line to make it work in the clamp though.

Looking forward to getting mine. Thanks again for posting about it. I'm tempted to get another one just because they're so cheap. :beer

as far as i can see the way i have it is best, but i am going to mill my own clamp thing at the bottom, the original tin one sucks anyway...and if you ove the slack up, it moves the line towards the rim, its at a happy median between the disk and rim right now, and i think im gonna leave it there until i can make a different clamp...

Dammit!
01-23-2005, 10:07 PM
i think im gonna leave it there until i can make a different clamp...

Feel free to make an extra one. :D

thefox
01-26-2005, 12:48 AM
any of this good for a 200x?

Kilabeez- Did you measure the front brake line? I will probably get one if they fit a 200x but I don't have a line to measure.

Dammit!
01-26-2005, 02:19 AM
I doubt it would work on a 83-85 200x. The X has a right side front brake which means a shorter cable and the cable has to "bend" when the shock collapses.

asc180
01-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Better yet will any of this work for a Tri-Z.

Adam

hrc85250r
01-27-2005, 11:59 PM
just measure the Z line and if they are close , within a couple inches, get it, it should all fit, and the master cylinder will def fit!

Paule
01-28-2005, 12:19 AM
A quick measurement on the front cable came in at 48" 85 200X and 51" 84 250R.

Paule
01-28-2005, 12:47 AM
Sort of funny that the stock Cannondale parts seem to work on some atc's.
The Cannondale dealers/owners got the rug pulled out form under them just like atc owners. They might be after our parts sooner or later lol. The Canondale atv's were a pretty nice setup out of the box. You could get one in a crate a year ago for about 4k on eBay...no warranty. Retail was pretty steep for some models.

20 years from now they will find a stash of them in a barn. ;)

vartiak15
01-28-2005, 05:48 PM
i just got a master cylinder and if i didnt have the nice ass line i had up front ide get one. might get one anyway b/c its cheep!

Kaysen
01-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Bought mine yesterday, and sent a money order out today. 16.99 isnt bad for a new brakeline. Thanks hrc85250r, Kaysen

Dammit!
01-31-2005, 10:49 PM
:w00t:

I was kind of regretting not getting two of them. Well the box arrived today and guess what? They gave me two anyway! That kind of thing never happens to me so I got all excited. :Bounce

deathman53
01-31-2005, 11:01 PM
I have a 400ex master and a braided line on my atc250r, its a bit twitchy and it locks the wheel up instantly, I'm gonna put on a crf450r front master and see how that one is.

Dammit!
01-31-2005, 11:06 PM
I'm keeping the stock master. I've used steel braided lines before and they can be a bit twitchy. I like it though. I got used to only using one finger to brake back then.

Louis Mielke
02-01-2005, 12:09 AM
I bought 2 of each. The 500R has half its front brake system now and I have a spare set for something else......Now....i wonder if the rear cylinder they are selling will fit the CR500 frame or any atc frames.......hmmm.

Steiger
02-01-2005, 12:18 PM
Only 1 brake line left, if you want one ya better get it. Unless they have another crate of them they list next week. Never know. If someone was thinking about it, I thought I would let you know they are going fast. Had 12 last night when I bought some............

Steiger
02-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Sorry, false alarm. They must have opened another box up, now they have 14 left. The law of supply and demand worked on me that time.......... I bought some extras.

hrc85250r
02-02-2005, 12:40 AM
yeah, i think they have boatloads of this stuff...quantities have been changing for a couple months now.....

az350x
02-02-2005, 09:52 AM
heres the pics!!!! note that the brake line is not hitting anything down by the caliper in is about an inch away from the disk or rim, so it wont touch anything in the event that a branch or rock hits it...looks good dont it?

i am trying to figure out what i could use for the line slider/holder thing that comes off the lower clamps...as it sits, the metal thing will chew it down pretty good(the plastic inside it cracked all to hell), so i am trying to find one from a bike to use...idk....and i know the rubber protector on the end of the line is supposed to be on top....i couldnt get it off it is a little bit stretch resistant than the older stuff, so i am going to see if i like it and if i dont i will just cut it off....

What's under that black sleeve on the line? Is it still SS under there? Could you remove the sleeve if you wanted???

02blzrx
02-02-2005, 05:38 PM
can someone please post links up to the ebay auctions. I cant seem to find this stuff

hrc85250r
02-02-2005, 07:01 PM
here is the links.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43974&item=4519968024&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35569&item=4519977668&rd=1

...and the little sleeve is just a rubber "friction protector" type thing that is supposed to be up by the throttle...the cable fits best this way, and i want to wait to see if i like it before i cut it off....and it is the same braided line under it.....i tried to take it off but its NEW! so its harder than an SOB to stretch, but it will come off if you want to screw with it.....

Dirtcrasher
02-02-2005, 09:27 PM
A quick measurement on the front cable came in at 48" 85 200X and 51" 84 250R.

Either all my 200X's have the wrong brake lines or you measured yours wrong.

I'm looking at just about 30.5" long for a front brake cable on a 200X. These Cannondale lines will not work unless you loop them around your neck and then attach them to the master cylinder.

Didn't want anyone getting something they can't use.

kilabeez0
02-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Either all my 200X's have the wrong brake lines or you measured yours wrong.

I'm looking at just about 30.5" long for a front brake cable on a 200X. These Cannondale lines will not work unless you loop them around your neck and then attach them to the master cylinder.

Didn't want anyone getting something they can't use.

yea i looked at mine and said, damn, that's a short 4 feet! :o

Kaysen
02-10-2005, 12:16 AM
I hate to be the only negative one on here, but my bottom banjo has already broken off the stem... (see photos) I couldn't figure out why I kept losing fluid, but it had somehow gotten in a bind and broke the donut off the stem. Has anyone else expirienced this problem??? Now i dont know whether to buy another stainless one or go back stock, any suggestions on fitting it back on? Thanks, Kaysen

EDIT: I looked and now it seems as if he has sold out of them :(

kilabeez0
02-10-2005, 02:50 AM
JB Weld to the rescue

lisnup65
02-10-2005, 09:35 AM
The master is from the ATV line as verified by this PDF of left over ATV parts.
http://www.atkusa.com/cannondale/03ATVPartsCatalog.pdf

The 6000003 and the 6000002 are the ATV front brakes.
The 6000006 is the ATV rear brake.

The 6001248 are the front shocks for the cannibal.
The 6001182 is the rear shock for the Glamis.
The 6000241 is for the speed.
The 6000744 is for the Canibal.

The 6000001 rear master cylinder is from the ATV lineup.

Link to sellers auctions: http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfixturefan

I purchased 4 master cylinders and these are cheaper than rebuilds and buying now used ones off egay.

This brake
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35569&item=4519974250&rd=1
looks exactly like the TRX 250R front brakes that I working on yesterday. I bet it would work for 1 side.

Just the pads, slides and rubbers are worth more than they are asking.

kilabeez0
02-10-2005, 09:32 PM
I just hooked up my rear brakes after FINALLY getting a good caliper off of ebay. well lucky me my rear master cylinder is shot. will the rear master cylinder he's selling fit my mounting holes and what not on my 85 200x?

Vartiak did u buy a front or rear master cylinder?

hrc85250r
02-10-2005, 10:03 PM
KAYSEN, I WOULD CALL THEM UP OR EMAIL THEM AND TELL THEM WHAT HAPPENED I AM SURE THEY WILL SEND ANOTHER, AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THEY ARENT SOLD OUT... i bet it got bent somehow and weaked it...mine is solid as a rock, and i am sure it is a one time thing, i mean there isnt such thing as factory 2nd brake lines cause they would get sued constantly if there was.....they have a website too its www.nrel.com and the phone number is on the bottom....good luck and sorry for the mishap...

hrc85250r
02-10-2005, 10:06 PM
again you guys, all of the cannondales suspensions are no link, at least the atvs, not sure about the bikes, but there would be serious mods to get the shocks to work right either way....

Paule
02-10-2005, 10:50 PM
I bought one of the rear master cylinders to put on my 84 250r. It looks workable but these are the issues. The mount holes line up, but the holes are smaller on the clyinder and they are threaded. You will need some sort of spacer on the bolt holes, the round cylinder does not fit flush on the mount. The piston is slightly shorter than the stock 250r, but if you use your old clevis it will be pretty close.

kilabeez0
02-11-2005, 02:38 AM
can u dumb that down a little? what is a clevis? So basically the mount holes are threaded, so i should maybe drill them out flush in order to push the bolt thru them and THEN thread it into the frame. And does the round cylinder need to be grinded down flat a little in order to sit flush with the frame? I'm not sure how similar the 250r and 200x master cylinders are, anyone have both?

Paule
02-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Ok, tried mounting up the nissan on my 250r the threads are the same, but the holes are about 2mm off. You could get it to work if you drilled the bottom one out a bit. The mounts are offset from the cylinder on the oem, so the round cylinder on the nissan mounts up to the frame. I'm not sure what a spacer would do to the brake pedal, but it looks close. Here is a pic comparing the oem to the nissan. I'm calling the piece that attaches to the pedal a clevis, for lack the real part name.

Sorry about the 200x cable error. I bought a 200x front caliper to mount on the rear of my 250r. It came with a cable that I measured at 48".

kilabeez0
02-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Oooo ok, i see what u mean by using the old clevis. so basically you can reuse the whole bottom attachment "clevis" on the new cylinder? like the washer plate that sits under the snap ring will fit in the new cylinder? Or are you only talking about using the horse shoe shaped piece itself without the threaded rod and washer plate?

kilabeez0
02-11-2005, 09:18 PM
and i'm thinking bottom line is it's totally worth the $20 :w00t:

Paule
02-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Just the horse shoe thing, the threads look the same, but have not tried it.

Kaysen
02-16-2005, 07:39 PM
UPDATE: I called Karen flick, told her what had happened and she is sending me another one 2nd day air at her cost. I am very pleased with their customer service and have left positive feedback. Thanks, Kaysen

hrc85250r
02-17-2005, 10:53 PM
UPDATE: I called Karen flick, told her what had happened and she is sending me another one 2nd day air at her cost. I am very pleased with their customer service and have left positive feedback. Thanks, Kaysen

TOLD YA SO!!!! :D ...the place seems really professional without even talking to them....im glad it worked out for you kaysen, i think it was a manufacturing/Q.C. problem than anything.....

atc86r
02-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Cool, wish I would've read this post this morning. I'm giving them a call Sat. hope their open. I don't live to far away I'm going to drive there and check it out.

85 250sx
02-18-2005, 10:27 PM
man i wish i would have known about this earlier then i wouldnt have spent $80 for a trx450r front master cylinder. well at least now i can still get a good brake line cheap since im still running the factory one