PDA

View Full Version : Went to see the MINT Big reds today in ARK

ScottZJ
01-22-2005, 08:18 PM
Well myself and Dan from 3 wheeler.org, went to meet Jay to check out his collection that his grandson told us about. He is located about mid way to Little Rock ARK. Well all I can say is it was tons of trike stuff for sure. He had around 12 Big reds in super nice condition with extra racks and foot protectors. He had 5 Super MINT never ridden(or not much at all) but we couldnt see very good in the dark garage that they were in. He also had 3 not bad shape 84-85 125m's and one super sweet 87 125m. I offered him 1200$ for it but said he didnt want to let it go for that. He has tons of bearings, filters, cables, and misc parts.
I bought a nice Hondaline front basket that bolts onto the stock rack(really cool), the foot protectors with built in skid plate, and 2 rear OEM Big Red tires. I didnt get in trikes at this time cuz I just wasnt sure if I wanted to spend what he wanted for them.
Dan bought him 2 windshields, a basket for the front rack, gun rack, custom foot protector, wiring harness, OEM 185s seat, and a nice speedo with all the goodies(lucky sucker!). Oh and he brought home a nice 85 Big red too.....hehehe
Sorry we were not able to take any pics, as his daughter said she would rather not have pics posted everywhere and then have stuff stolen. She did take tons of pics of the trikes as we pulled them out of the shop(minus the 5 mint ones). She also took pics of a few OEM parts. So if you want pics you will have to talk with him and have her email them to you. I do want to thank Jay and his sister for great hospitality.
Scott

350x'inNY
01-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Wow... sounds like a mecca!

Were the windshields Hondaline? I have a mounting kit for the Hondaline fairings for a 83-84R

Man... I asked the guy if he had speedo and he said no. Errrrr... He musta been focused in on saying I had a 350X.

old honda dealr
01-22-2005, 08:31 PM
I will see what I can do about getting some pics posted for you guys. I kind of thought he might be a little hesitant. He had a couple of break-ins and at least 2 bikes stolen in the past. But I will see what I can do about getting some pics posted.

ClayW
01-22-2005, 09:22 PM
How much were the foot protectors for the Big Red. I would love to get a set somehow.

83185s
01-22-2005, 09:49 PM
anythiung for a 200x?

old honda dealr
01-23-2005, 02:13 AM
I got this pick from 250sx's website .org. But these are just a few of the ones he has in storage. I will try to get more and will try to keep you guys updated.

250SX
01-23-2005, 02:31 AM
For you guys that were thinking of trying to make a package deal I will go ahead & tell you that $20,000 won't buy it b/c that's what I offered.

raptor
01-23-2005, 08:46 AM
**Edit** you guys have some serious savings!
Pity there was no pics. would have loved to see what he had! take some pics of what you purchased!

ClayW
01-23-2005, 09:51 AM
What did the one guy buy a BigRed for? How much. How much were some of these parts you bought. Especially the foot protectors? Man I would love to just look at that stuff.

ScottZJ
01-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Yeah we were there for like 6 hrs or so just looking at all the cool stuff. The big red Dan got was like around 1300$ but thats about the normal price for one in that shape. All the nicer ones he was wanting 2000$ and up and we didnt even get to the Mint ones price. I think he wanted 1800$ for the 200 big red and same for the 125m. That was just alittle high for my blood. If I spent 1800$ it would be for a super dooper nice big red. I got my almost MINT 85 for less than that. But dude was really cool and had tons and I mean tons of stuff! Foot protectors were around 75 and up. same for the windshields. Dan and I got most of the really cool stuff, the rest is pipes, filters, bearings, cables and trikes.

350x'inNY
01-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Foot protectors were around 75 and up. same for the windshields. Dan and I got most of the really cool stuff, the rest is pipes, filters, bearings, cables and trikes.

Again... were these Hondaline Fairings or not??? Thanks Bruce

ScottZJ
01-23-2005, 12:02 PM
You know I am not 100% sure, I do think they are since he sold nothing but ATC stuff prior to closing the shop. Dan bought them all so I dont know. :)

raptor
01-23-2005, 12:03 PM
have you matched prices up with honda? i expect most if not all is dis-continuned.

would you say the prices are fair?

jakey
01-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Scott Zj...do you live somewhere inbetween Fordyce and Greenville, Ms...or Fordyce and Bismarck? cause i remember going to one of those towns and seeing a MINT Tecate sitting in somebody's yard and i had my x in the truck...i was so tempted to stop and see who it belonged to but i was already running late to get to the lake...still can't remember if it was Lake Degray or Lake Chicot...Do you live right on the road? with a few other houses around