PDA

View Full Version : Its snowing,Its snowing the roster tails are growing

Tri-ZNate
01-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Hey all. Welp old man winter is here and DirtyDan and I went out today and had some fun on our ATC and ATV. We got some pics at the end of the day and I have a video but I have no way to post it, or dont know how. We'll take some more pics tomorrow and post em. Have fun, Ride Hard, Go FULL THROTTLE :beer :naughty: :beer

bigredhead
01-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Too much of it here to ride.. can't get out of the yard !!!!!

Tri-ZNate
01-23-2005, 07:52 PM
OK today we got some much better pics and a couple of movies. DirtyDan's Big bear 4x4 got stuck in some snow driffs so if you want to make fun of him go ahead, ha ha ha who says trikes suck in snow. Ill make the movies bigger tonight when Im at my place.

Here is the website www.ATCroosters.homestead.com

Have Fun, Ride Hard, and GO FULL THROTTLE

Kintore
01-23-2005, 08:00 PM
about the same here bigredhead, my neighbour had his foreman out and he was getting stuck everywhere lol
cool pics

Tri-ZNate
01-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Double click on the one movie to get the full screen view. The other I have to reload apparently.

straight pipe
01-23-2005, 08:28 PM
today the weather finally was half way decent. after plowing the drive i figured i would try the sx in the snow. YEEEEHAAAA . in the ditch there is probably at least 4 feet of the crap. and the fields are drifted badly and averaging a foot deep. i was popping the front tire up and gaver off the road in the ditch ..and crossed it :wondering then i was rippin in the fields...no problem.and went back on the road the same way. :Bounce :Bounce there was no stoppin it .we got a crap load of snow up here and i for one can't wait for spring!!!

twgranger
01-23-2005, 08:33 PM
I got pounded with snow last night too. I was plowing all day and night.

Tri-ZNate
01-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Nice, I tried to go in a 20" drift and guess what. I froze my nibblits off digging it out. Man I hate wind chill. I ahve the website hopefully done. go to http://atcroosters.homestead.com/pics.html for pics (http://atcroosters.homestead.com/pics.htm if the above link dont work) and http://atcroosters.homestead.com for two rooster tail videos

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

hadar
01-24-2005, 12:14 AM
I went riding on my r tonight. It was a blast. there is nothing like a nightime snow ride through the woods. I'm still pumped up about it.

atckowalski
01-24-2005, 01:01 AM
I went out in the snow yesterday and it was awesome riding around the hoodin the deep snow. I gave a little kid his first taste of a 3 wheeler when I spun sideways in front of his house and did a few snowthrowing donuts :w00t: It reminded me of the first time I saw a trike race by the same way in 1982 :p .So I decided to ride down to the tee in the road to see if I could get on some snowmobile tracks or someway to keep riding and of course I look up and there is a state cop car coming :( (in the middle of a snow storm)It reminded me of when I was a kid riding around the hood on my trike.So , since I had a helmet on and I didn't look like I was having (too) much fun :o he looked right at me and kept on driving :Bounce :w00t: :TrikesOwn :naughty:

Wickedfinger
01-24-2005, 01:45 AM
I put two tankfulls through the Scrammy yesterday. Closed the store at 5pm and was riding by 5:30 - we didn't stop until 11pm. We got over 17" here in Bucks Co.

mikey's250sx
01-24-2005, 10:21 AM
we had about 12" here adn i was out sat and sun on my sx. had a blast but it was a bit slow goin. lotsa donuts, lotsa sliding, lotsa cold, lotsa fun.

raptor
01-24-2005, 11:07 AM
we had snow saturday evening snowed for 4 hours. had a nice layer. not to deep. about 3 inches. the roads where slush. by sunday afternoon its all gone. stupid SUN! but its freezing here.

my mouse hand always gets cold. my other hand stays fine!?!?! think ill turn the heating on now!

bonkers_200s
01-24-2005, 11:34 AM
I love me some snow riding, it was a state of emergency here so it was againts the law too drive, I was out damn near non stop, with a pocket fulla quarters a plug in my tire developed a slow leak, I hit up every damn air pump in Middletown, lol.

Not quite 2 feet here, but almost.

I love snow rides, but I'm done already, I want to be whoever \/ that \/ is
http://www.files.3wheelerworld.com/ActionPhotos/250sxSplash.jpg

Tri-ZNate
01-24-2005, 09:45 PM
You should have been out with your trike on the roads. I believe you are allowed to ride them in a state of emergency on the highways.

mikey's250sx
01-24-2005, 10:57 PM
i would love to find some legislation or something that says that is true. we were in a state of emerg. on saturday.

bonkers_200s
01-24-2005, 11:06 PM
You should have been out with your trike on the roads. I believe you are allowed to ride them in a state of emergency on the highways.

I was out all damn night :p

In my eyes that is the type of riding the S models were made for, wheelies, and riding before the roads are plowed :w00t:

The only thrill close to it, is hiding behind snow banks at stops signs, and when trucks come run out and grap the bumper squat down, and lean back it's way better than water skiing :D

Mr. Sandman
01-24-2005, 11:16 PM
All that talk of snow and I'm starting to shiver, probably since it was only 80* F here in So. Cal. today. ;)

foster
01-24-2005, 11:23 PM
i would love to find some legislation or something that says that is true. we were in a state of emerg. on saturday.
That's certainly the law where I live. Unfortunately, we get so much snow every winter, they NEVER declare a state of emergency. The last time was in, uh, '94 I think. We got 166 cm in one storm! Not sure what that is in inches. I think it's about 5 feet.
Unfortunately again, the law wasn't in effect back then. It only came into effect last year when the politicians passed new ATV legislation. I doubt if even one per cent of riders around here realize that if they declare a state of emergency, we can ride the roads.
It doesn't matter, 'cause like I said, snow isn't an emergency around here. We just got through our third blizzard in five days. No biggie. Never even missed an hour of work and in fact I went out on a date during two of those blizzards.
:D

BigGreenMachine
01-24-2005, 11:48 PM
Foster, we take over the roads when they get closed due to the storms. Me and my budds were out in the storm to the bar last night, driving through foot high drifts in a Sunfire and a Dodge Spirit lol. Got stuck once dead center in the road but we made it none the less. They hardly ever close the road round here so we just try to beat the plows to it.

Aaaakowaskai, I loved your story lol. I dot that to kids all the time, they see a green trike and are like WTF and just stare when you crack the throttle. Funny how you saw the copper lol, brought back childhood memories and fears no doubt.

Tri-ZNate
01-25-2005, 07:22 AM
the last time we had a state of emergency in pa was this summer or fall i think due to flooding. Just once i want to ride downtown, fill my babies up, then drive to my friends house for some good trail riding.

Tri-ZNate
01-25-2005, 07:23 AM

WHAT WE WERE?!?! OMG S.O.B.

Darius1502
01-25-2005, 07:48 AM
God bless you guys. It got down to 38 here n Houston, Texas and I was freezing. Luckily its up to 68 again.

I am a cold weather wimp.

Tri-ZNate
01-25-2005, 08:13 AM
yes, i ride to the bus in the morning on my trike, without a coat (mommy is really thrilled about that) in roughly single to teen digit weather. Its just because you were brought up in an enviornment where the wether was warm while us up here in the north had to survive the bitter cold and eventually hated the south because of its weather. Was it the start of the Cival war, I dunno but it sounds good.

Darius1502
01-25-2005, 08:38 AM
If you ride to the bus with the trike...then what do you with hte Trike when you get on the bus. Just curious.

Yes...I hate Florida right now...because its 80 there. Also you guys in So Cal...I hate you too.! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Tri-ZNate
01-25-2005, 08:48 AM
lol when i go today i will show ya with some pics.

Mr. Sandman
01-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Also you guys in So Cal...I hate you too.! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
Well if it makes you feel any better it's only supposed to get up to about 65* today with rain tonight and tomorrow. Time to throw another log on the fire and wear pants and sleeves instead of shorts and t's. :naughty:

Darius1502
01-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Actually California is awesome man. Hell Arnold is governor. You need to watch See Arnold Run on A&E this Sunday.

Video Trailer: http://www.aetv.com/seearnoldrun/

The man is quite an inspiration.

http://musclememory.com/magCovers/mmi/mmi124.jpg

In addition to trikes I love bodybuilding!

Tri-ZNate
01-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Ok here is my path to the school bus hopefully in order. I wait to see the bus on the far road, then I go down my driveway to a spot my neighbor cleared where I park my trike. Then i walk 25 feet to the bus stop where my bus greets me. That is how i drive down to the bus.

Oldshell4481
01-25-2005, 05:44 PM
i ride the roads legal or not i need to get my trike where i want to go and theres not always trails there, im plannin on makin new trails this spring though

Tri-ZNate
01-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Oh life is good. We are getting 3-5 more inches tonight. Ah winter has finally arrived.

Darius1502
01-26-2005, 01:37 AM
You are not worried about any stealing your trike?

Tri-ZNate
01-26-2005, 08:51 AM
nope i live in the middle of nowhere. everyone around here is honest and those trees in front help hide it. I used to park my car next to the road (on the right hand side of the 5th pic) and leave it unlocked. I did that for three years till now because the battery is dead and i need to change it. Also the total number of people the live on my road is like 7 including me and they are mostly older people.

I probably shouldnt feel so safe but i live in Bumble F~~~ as the natives call it.