PDA

View Full Version : Banshee rear end in a Z?

Derrick Adams
01-21-2005, 02:12 PM
How much of the banshee rear will fit in the Z?

Can I use the whole carrier if I switch to the Banshee rear brake?

Do I even need to use the Banshee rear brake with the Banshee carrier?

I'm eye balling that x-33 set-up on ebay. Just wondering if it will work or not!

03 ORANGE SHEE
01-22-2005, 09:58 AM
i think it will work, i own both, but you will need EVERYTHING from carrier, sproket hub, disc hub, and of course the caliper

Derrick Adams
01-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Since your checking them both out, I was thinking of buying the rear lowering kit for the Banshee to use in the Z. Does it look like that will work?

I have a longer shock on the back and it sits about 2" higher. I'd like to lower it back down.

twgranger
01-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Since your checking them both out, I was thinking of buying the rear lowering kit for the Banshee to use in the Z. Does it look like that will work?

I have a longer shock on the back and it sits about 2" higher. I'd like to lower it back down.It will work.

03 ORANGE SHEE
01-22-2005, 01:25 PM
the spacing in the middle is the same, as is the four bolt holes, they all line up, but you will need the complete setup to work

TimSr
01-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Ive never tried it, but the early Banshee carriers have 4 bolts like the TriZ, and the later years use two long bolts. Which one are you trying to adapt?

Derrick Adams
01-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Kind of eye balling this one. I know it's alot of money, but it surely should never fail! Kind of watching to see how high it goes.

Derrick Adams
01-22-2005, 03:31 PM
I see what you mean about the 2 bolts. Wonder if it works?
Awful expensive experiment!

tecatecrazy
01-22-2005, 06:30 PM
can anyone give me a measurement on a banshee carrier? I would like to know how far apart the mounting tabs are (the tabs that the long bolts go thru that mount the carrier to the swing arm) , outside to outside please. curious to seehow close they are to the tecate. if it will fit inside the tecate swingarm this will open alot of options to tecate guys that cant find those rare aftermarket axles and allow for the option of running different size rims. :D

Joe