PDA

View Full Version : Putting OEM decals on

Orangecnty250r
01-20-2005, 09:10 PM
I just received my OEM decals. I do have a vinyl sticker cutter and have used the application fluid and a squeegee for reproduction applications. Can you use this fluid for the OEM decals or just stick it and hope it ends up in the right spot. You can position them better with the fluid but dont want to ruin the OEMS.

Also, if interested to check out my newest bike (86R )go to ebay -advanced search and type in 4515989113 its mint clean but i have to add some OEM parts to bring it back to original. Its in shipment know. I will be posting pics of all my bikes probably late feb. I've been busy since winter hit working on these bikes. Just got another shipment of OEM from service honda today. Let me know what you think

Darius1502
01-20-2005, 09:25 PM
I saw pics of the trike yesterday and it looks really good.

Were you able to find the front 250r fender decal for the 86?

Orangecnty250r
01-20-2005, 09:26 PM
No I just bought the shroud decals.

350x'inNY
01-20-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm pretty sure Harlan has all the decals you need. I know he does for my 350X's (85-86) and the 82 250R's!

ClayW
01-20-2005, 09:48 PM
You wont ruin a thing by putting soapy water on the backsides of the OEM decals and tank/fender surface. Not a thing at all. You know how the old Porsche's had that wrap around decal on the rear, under the tail lights that said PORSCHE. This is a $150 5 ft long decal. That is how I installed it. Pefect. Its the only way to go. The soapy water will evaporate off an leave nothing but the tacky decal surface. If you want to speed the process up, and make it stick big time, squeegey it out and get it exactly where you want it, then break out a hairdryer and heat it up just a bit. Let me know if that clears it up. Harlan Lysne can hook you up with any decals you need. Email him @ hjlysne@charter.net :beer

PowerTrike
01-20-2005, 09:53 PM
I just received my OEM decals. I do have a vinyl sticker cutter and have used the application fluid and a squeegee for reproduction applications. Can you use this fluid for the OEM decals or just stick it and hope it ends up in the right spot. You can position them better with the fluid but dont want to ruin the OEMS.

My family owns a signshop and I have used the vinyl application fluid with several regular "stickers" not vinyl decals and have had good luck with it. I'd recommend spraying a light mist onto the area you want to place the sticker and squeezing all the fluid and air out just like any vinyl work. Good luck :D btw: What kind of cutter and software you run?

Orangecnty250r
01-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Vinyl express LXI software I have a scanner but don't seem to have the capabilities to produce my own reproductions of the tougher stuff. My system is about 3 years old. I'm sure i could do if i put more time into it. Something simple like my Tri Z decal i made myself. I do love my OEM shroud decals they just feel so real as opposed to the repros I bought.

twgranger
01-20-2005, 10:16 PM
That is one sweet looking R!!!

Orangecnty250r
01-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Thanks for pulling the picture up. I have no idea how to do that. Thanks for the compliment. Its got a little work before it hits darius's caliber but I'll get there.

twgranger
01-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Thanks for pulling the picture up. I have no idea how to do that. Thanks for the compliment. Its got a little work before it hits darius's caliber but I'll get there.I think with new rear and front fenders you would be past darius's caliber. :naughty:

Orangecnty250r
01-20-2005, 10:40 PM
I have new OEM front and rear with new shrouds I bought because I didn't know the level of scratches this one has (Came in today) .I won't know until it gets here maybe tommorrow. I love the way this bike looks. This bike came with mint stock rims tires but I also purchased new factory rim and tires. I'm thinking of putting the stock swinger on it. I won't make final decisions until i have everything in front of me.

Orangecnty250r
01-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Just trying this picture thing!!!!!

Darius1502
01-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Yeah I love that R. I am going new OEM as well....so we will see! Heck the more good looking 'R''s out there the better!

REPRESENT!!

Orangecnty250r
01-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Maybe they could have a play date just like puppys from the same litter.

Darius1502
01-20-2005, 11:19 PM
I hear ya. I know your R will destroy mine in the drags....since you have those mods.

Does yours have the '250R' front decal on the front fender?

I love those shiny new OEM parts in the box. Ahhh...the joys of perfect plastic!!

You can also get the Pro Link decals as well.

Orangecnty250r
01-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Thats what X system told me(about the pro link stickers) my only problem is that i have to find a stock swingarm in show quality. That may take some time. I found a great one for my 85 but they are different. Once the bike comes in I'll be on the phone with Service Honda after I make my list ---Costly but there's a saying

" Those who call you a fool for what you pay today will call you a hero in ten years"

Its a saying for real estate but i believe it relates to 3 wheelers too!!!!

Darius1502
01-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Anyone ever use this stuff:

http://graphicmx.com/rapidtac.shtml

Rapid Tac II

Rapid Tac II - For fast, easy, quality installation of graphics with no bubbles, even in cold weather.

This environmentally friendly product is great for installing decals and vinyl graphics. Save forty to sixty percent labor time using an application fluid. Sometimes one person can do a job (normally requiring two people to apply dry) in less time if an application fluid like Rapid Tac II is used.

Application fluid helps to "float" the vinyl until it is properly positioned. Rapid Tac II allows you to pick up the graphics and replace without affecting the adhesive, allowing for perfect alignment. Best of all Rapid Tac II stimulates the adhesive to bond in approximately ninety seconds, even in adverse climates such as extreme hot or cold. It will not cause bubbles so there's no returning to poke holes in your work either. You'll be very happy with the time you save and the high-quality of the application.

[IMG]

Darius1502
01-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Good point but you could get that sucker re-painted.

Orangecnty250r
01-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Its extended plus 4 . I would want the exact color match. I saw a 250R restore in NJ great bike but the gold was way to dark.

Darius1502
01-20-2005, 11:51 PM
if you need any shots of my swinger...let me know.