PDA

View Full Version : i have a 250sx engine question

mikey's250sx
01-20-2005, 11:14 AM
when i kick over my sx and the lever pops up i hear a whine? sorta for a second or two. sounds like the starter gear may still be spinning? gotta put in a new solenoid and charge the battery for the elec start so i am kick only right now. is this normal? also, i have to slowly move the kickstart lever until i feel the piston hitting tdc to be able to start it. otherwise i can kick all day and it feels like there is no compression as the piston moves through the stroke. is this normal too? if so i'm gonna brave the cold and fix the elec start. this is getting frustrating.
thanks

toyota200x
01-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah I have an SX also and I experience the same thing. It seems when it does that whine it will start on the next kick. Mine also feels like there is no compression util it is TDC.

Drew

bigredhead
01-20-2005, 11:28 AM
If you search around, you'll find a bunch of posts on this subject. mine does it too.

But my battery and starter work !!!!! definatly worth it !

ATCnut
01-22-2005, 01:45 PM
That is the one way clutch going bad. It is very common on these motors (I have 4). There has been some very good posts on the subject in the past, should not be hard to find.