PDA

View Full Version : Another sticker question...and a tough one at that!!!!!!!!!!!

Darius1502
01-19-2005, 02:57 AM
Who makes this sticker??????????...and why is it on the headlight of my '86 R?

This looks like one I got in the mail sometime in 1987. It was a safety program that they sent to everyone who bought an ATV at the time.

One thing that is odd is that there is an air bubble in under this sticker. The factory does not normally do this.

So where can I get another without a frayed edge?

crazyorigin
01-19-2005, 03:02 AM
looks liek an old Honda warning label. I've found stickers like that on ebay evrey now and then. you gotta search hard, and may not find one in 10 minets, but eventualy, someone will have one and know someone is clickin on ebay just waiting for it. I found some OEM labels for my old 73' XR75 on there. If you really need one, and dont want to wait, probably any vinyl decal maker could make you something that looks 99% like that one if you could show it to them, but it would probably cost a bunch of loot. I always take the warning labels off of things, i hate them

x.system
01-19-2005, 03:30 AM
Thats the factory decal for the 86 headlight housing only. All 86's came with that decal.

Darius1502
01-19-2005, 03:43 AM
Do you have a repro of that one?

Will that come on a new headlight garnish if I order one.

Thanks man....

I'll be contacting you about some stickers soon!

x.system
01-19-2005, 03:52 AM
Do you have a repro of that one?

Will that come on a new headlight garnish if I order one.

Thanks man....

I'll be contacting you about some stickers soon!

I thought I read somewhere where it was discontinued but don't quote me on that. I would definatly try to get OEM for it but if you plan to ride it save your new oem for when or if you decide to restore it. I don't have that one, never been asked for it.

smokey
01-19-2005, 10:00 AM
Email Harlan Lynse he could make them

ClayW
01-19-2005, 10:10 AM
Yeah, Harlan can make you anything you want. :beer

skippy
01-19-2005, 10:44 AM
and i thk the 85 had it embossed in the plastic.. 86 was a sticker w the warning info

350x'inNY
01-19-2005, 11:18 AM
If you order the plastic it will NOT have the decal on it. (separate part numbers)

That is factory HONDA... see the code bottom right side? (HA2-670)
HA2 = ATC250R 670 = 1986
I have a couple things I need to send to Harlan, could you place your headlight on a scanner and send that to me in an email? I'll then forward it to Harlan with some other things I got for him!

beege_mi@yahoo.com

Hmmm... looks like it's embossed in the plastic below his decals in the pics. I wonder if that was deemed not legible enough for the CPSC so they sent out these decals later like was said earlier in the post??? Anyone know/remember??

Thanks!
Bruce

Mr. Sandman
01-19-2005, 11:29 AM
The 85 R had warning label stickers. In 86 they switched to embossed labels with some stickers and now 20 years later they are back to stickers on a plastic plate that is then riveted onto the fenders, etc. Now that's progress!

Apollo
01-19-2005, 11:42 AM
About eighteen months ago, I ordered and received an oem 86 R headlight shell and it had the warning decal on it. I always remove those stickers on my new CR's, but let this one stay on my ATC for restore reasons. I do not know if you can still get the headlight shell from honda anymore.

RichinMO
01-19-2005, 11:56 AM
The sticker you got in the mail in the late '80s from buying a trike was a long sticker with all the CPSC safety rules, much like the sticker thats on the front fender of a new quad (300ex, 400ex, etc). It was too big for the headlight. And from the new '86 headlight shells I've seen, the warning is embossed but it doesn't come the sticker.

Darius1502
01-19-2005, 02:33 PM
The 86 R in the original Honda Brochure did not have the decal but did have the embossed warning on the headlight.

Jez
01-19-2005, 04:06 PM
Hi Darius,

I think what you'll find is that if you order the headlight shell from Honda now, it will actually come with the decal on it, but will no longer have the warning embossed into the plastic, so the label is where the original shell has the embossing.

It's the same with the rear fenders. The tyre warning on the left side of the rear fender on the new OEM stuff is now actually a decal rather than an embossing. I think they must have damaged the moulds at some point, so just left the embossing out and replaced it with a decal.

Cheers,
Jez

Darius1502
01-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Jez,

You are a smart man. Finally someone explained it. I was wondering about this. So the original headlight and fenders are unique because you can buy any with the embossing anymore.

Something to consider if I sell them on ebay.

Thanks!

Darius1502
01-19-2005, 04:34 PM
yes its clear from these

pics...http://www.calatv.com/images/22010_lrg.jpg

Darius1502
01-19-2005, 04:36 PM
I'll keep my old headlight because I like the embossing. I will have to sell the old rear fenders....shoot they are in such good shape however that if someone asks me to take a pictue of scratches....they wont show!

Apollo
01-19-2005, 05:13 PM
That is exactly what my new rear fender looks like. Decal only. I would keep any original plastic that has molded in warnings, etc.

Darius1502
01-19-2005, 06:29 PM
I hear ya man...but money talks

350x'inNY
01-19-2005, 08:49 PM
I hear ya man...but money talks

Well, I'd keep the old fenders to ride with, on those rare occasions... and only use the new fenders for pictures! heeehheehe That's how I do it for the Showgirl! hahhahaa Look in those "Tree Jumping" pics and it has red rear fenders on it for the "Banned and Nameless" to ride! :cool:

Bruce

Darius1502
01-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Bruce you got it down man. The thing is that I ride of like wussy....so the bikes stay new.

I don't ride like you guys. Ya'll actually RIDE. I ride for 10 minutes, take pictures by a pond, wipe off some dust and then ride back home.

Its a real wus routine. The only exception is if I go the West Texas and ride in the dunes. Then I ride all day but still its 20 minutes on....50 minutes sitting around...then 20 minutes riding.

Total wussy routine.

350x'inNY
01-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Bruce you got it down man. The thing is that I ride of like wussy....so the bikes stay new.

I don't ride like you guys. Ya'll actually RIDE. I ride for 10 minutes, take pictures by a pond, wipe off some dust and then ride back home.

Its a real wus routine. The only exception is if I go the West Texas and ride in the dunes. Then I ride all day but still its 20 minutes on....50 minutes sitting around...then 20 minutes riding.

Total wussy routine.

So you would never ride like this??? hehehehe Me on the Showgirl before the "Tree Jumping" pics!

Hey, I sent out some stuff to Harlan yesterday, and included a pic of your decal. Here's his reply....

Many thanks for sending the pics - much appreciated! I DO have the 250R decal the guy was asking about - it's $5.00 plus $1.00 s.h. He can contact me directly if he wants to.............................Harlan

Harlan's email is..hjlysne@charter.net.. I have his phone number too if you need it.

Bruce

New2ATC
01-20-2005, 06:12 PM
ah man.. my SX didnt have any warning stickers on it.. but then again it was all beat up..

Darius1502
01-20-2005, 06:29 PM
Bruce,

Oh man...nope I don't do that anymore! Come to think of it...I did that once and it ground my little ATC 70 tank decals down to nothing but white stickers..

I cried for a week!

Still have nightmares about it today!

350x'inNY
01-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Hey, I sent out some stuff to Harlan yesterday, and included a pic of your decal. Here's his reply....

Quote:
Many thanks for sending the pics - much appreciated! I DO have the 250R decal the guy was asking about - it's $5.00 plus $1.00 s.h. He can contact me directly if he wants to.............................Harlan

Harlan's email is..hjlysne@charter.net.. I have his phone number too if you need it.

Bruce,

Oh man...nope I don't do that anymore! Come to think of it...I did that once and it ground my little ATC 70 tank decals down to nothing but white stickers..

I cried for a week!

Still have nightmares about it today!

Ummm.. did you see the rest of my post? Or were you traumatized by the pics??? :D

Harlan has OEM quality decals.... I've personally helped him with pics and scans to make sure they are just like Honda Originals! $6 to your door... could you ask for anything more? :welcome:

Darius1502
01-20-2005, 07:10 PM
Bruce,

I was going to tell you that I emailed him. I am going to go with Harlan for anything I need. One of the ebay decal guys was wrong on the size dimensions of the honda stickers so I enlightened him a bit.

350x'inNY
01-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Coool.... Harlan is great to work with. Tell him Bruce sent ya! :naughty: