PDA

View Full Version : cylinder question for 82r

raptor
01-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Just seconds ago got a call from the garage. as a few know my trike is having a re-bore and new piston. he said the piston can take up to another 5 weeks for some reason. i said i can try and get a piston. but id rather the shop do it.

so he said he could bore it again and get a piston within a few days. BUT if he does this my cylider cant be bored no more...

well does this matter or not?

i will have to treat it with a bit more respect now if this happens. or i have to buy a new cylinder.... also are they cheap?

also what years cylinder will fit?

TimSr
01-18-2005, 11:47 AM
I wouldnt bore it more just because he has a piston that size handy! What part of the country are you in? Contact Wiseco directly and see if they have one in stock. I get then teh next day, in Ohio. Their number is posted at Wiseco.com. They sell direct. Used cylinders are getting hard to come by, and resleeving is not exactly cheap.

raptor
01-18-2005, 01:05 PM
ok thanks. i rang him up. and all along i though he done the re-bore he hasnt. ive been wondering what hes been onna bout as he said you will need an oversize piston. so im thinking well what size you bored it!

Im gonna get a 00.5 piston. i could get 02.5 but not sure as the bore could be bigger than 02.5... well i dont know.

but do you think 00.5 will be fine. standard bore is 70.

ps. hes had the trike now for over a month and a bit and no work has been done. took me 2 mins to find a new piston. crazy waiting 5 weeks for a stock one!

Kintore
01-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Hey Degreez, looks like we are doing the same thing. And its a good thing you found a piston, dont go overbore more just because buddy at the shop has one that size. :) anyways, good luck!

350x'inNY
01-18-2005, 02:12 PM
So where are you from?? I guess "in a box" is better than "in a pen" or say "in a cell". hahahaa

:D ... is it a big box like from a refrigerator?? or more like a washer/dryer setup??? :naughty:

Bruce

raptor
01-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Canada at the moment. but soon to go to the uk for a few months. to sort money out. then i might move to Minnasota..... see the mighty ducks :D

Well the company i rang cant get piston for 2-3weeks. why say yesterday there in stock! i said id ring back today and pay for it!

Has any one got a supply to a 81-84 0.50 oversize wisecoe piston with circlips and rings etc... ?

raptor
01-19-2005, 09:27 AM
infact im not sure whats best?

standard bore is 70mm. its gonna need re-boring. so what size should i get?
theres no gauges in the cylinder just scored. so a simple rebore is needed....

not sure on 0.25 or 0.50?

Howdy
01-19-2005, 09:47 AM
Has any one got a supply to a 81-84 0.50 oversize wisecoe piston with circlips and rings etc... ?

I am pretty sure I can have one here by Monday if not sooner. I am placing a order later today and could add it to the order. The only catch is I would need a $45 deposit down on it. PM for more details.
Howdy

raptor
01-19-2005, 09:53 AM
sent you a pm howdy :D

raptor
01-20-2005, 09:45 AM
well howdy got back to me. with a price of $66 for a piston. same time i had a call saying the work shop has ordered me a OEM piston at $214!

i wish i payed howdy the deposit now and ordered it from him! i know in future come to the boards for parts as shops charge way high prices and they make 100% profit!

350x'inNY
01-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Why don't you tell them to cancel their order and wait for Howdy's. That's a no brainer!! Tell them you got one and to wait for it!

Bruce

TimSr
01-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Why don't you tell them to cancel their order and wait for Howdy's. That's a no brainer!! Tell them you got one and to wait for it!

Bruce

YES! Worst case is you might have a restocking fee, but youll still come out WAY ahead.

Lomax
01-20-2005, 03:56 PM
214 bucks for a piston!!!! Thats more than what the local stealer here priced me a new head for the 84 that I had! I could get you like 4 pistons for that price (same as howdy), Jesus I got to get up off the floor now......

raptor
01-20-2005, 04:55 PM
He added it to the bill and ordered it. as i said what ever is needed get it. i know i needed a top and bottom head gasket. piston. rings. circlips. gurgen pin. top bearing so if he ordered any more i know hes a cowboy trying to make more.

If i cancel i get charged. but i will keep howdy in mind if ever something happens and i no know to be more wiser and look online!

350x'inNY
01-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Well... that's just plan stupidity! They are doing the work FOR you, not the other way around!! Call them up ASAP and tell them you got a piston already! $200+ versus $60... I'm sure they'll understand, and even if they charge you a "restocking" fee, it's usually like 15%, which is much less than $140!!!

Bruce