PDA

View Full Version : Some Trikefest'05 shootouts I'd like to see...

Wickedfinger
01-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Mostly "sport" models - I would like to see with my own eyes what does what in relation to each other in 300'. I left out the obvious matches between the high performance - because they have been done. Its these models I find interesting and ultimately more fun.

1. Mini trikes - ATC70 vs TriZinger60 vs ALT50

2. A smallbore, non-suspended/hardtail contest - ATC90 vs ATC110 vs ATC125M vs ALT125 vs YT125 vs KLT110 - (this one Im really interested in - owning the ATC125 and now the ALT125)

3. A largebore, non-suspended/hardtail contest - ATC185S vs ATC200S vs ALT185 vs YT175 vs YTM200 vs KLT185 vs KLT200 ... maybe even a KLT250 thrown in (I debated putting the YT175 in here because I think it would smoke the others - but thats the purpose of this - not to think, but to know)

4. ATC200X vs YTM225DX/S

Now I know I'd be dreaming if I thought all these models will actually be in one place at one time - but - Its a possibility that some will show. Perhaps we could get a little pre-race friendly "wagering" going on?.

My bets are as follows: Group 1. TriZinger60, group 2. YT125, group 3. .... tough .... I'm going with the ATC200S out of sentament, group 4. ATC200X

Trikeaholic
01-17-2005, 09:48 PM
im tellin ya, the YT175 is QUICK! when I had 22's on mine, it would smoke my 86 200X. When I switched to the 18's, it slowed it down quite a bit, not to mention the heavy wheel spacers my buddy built.

MIK6
01-17-2005, 10:11 PM
I want to see the battle of the P3's. We need a few More Polaris Scramblers to attend!!

MIK6 / Mike

Xowner
01-17-2005, 10:38 PM
the zinger might lose if its a long drag because they top out pretty fast the 70 might catch it on top end i dunno about the alt 50 never had one

Tri-ZNate
01-17-2005, 10:49 PM
I want to see a battle of the utility trikes. Big Red, SX, KLT, and some others.

a-camp
01-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Ill bring the RED and a Mini Polaris .

Howdy
01-18-2005, 10:28 AM
I want to see the battle of the P3's. We need a few More Polaris Scramblers to attend!!

MIK6 / Mike

If I can locate the needed parts to put my #2 P3 together I am sure it will smoke yours ( and my #1 P3 ). A friend told me of some mods to do. I won't do them on #1 though. I like it just as it is. ;)

TF05 may be very interesting at the drags!!

Howdy

TimSr
01-18-2005, 11:11 AM
Great matchups, Wicked! Too many people think you have to have a racing trike to have fun at the drags, but its the other matchups that get the most attention, especially when the kids were running minis, but we really needed more competition in that area. I ran my ALT125 against TimJrs Raptor 80, and Hunters Lem 50, and the only way I could get close to them was after they topped out. TimJr couldnt find any good matches for his E-Ton 90, and was running against 250 utilities. He was so far ahead of my Suzuki with it it wasnt even a contest. I cant emphasize enough how much I urge people to bring the little trikes, and oddball contraption stuff for the competitions. Its all in fun, and you are not running them against 250 two strokes.

thefox
01-18-2005, 11:22 PM
My bets are as follows: Group 1. TriZinger60, group 2. YT125, group 3. .... tough .... I'm going with the ATC200S out of sentament, group 4. ATC200X

Group 1- would be close but would go to the Honda 70 4 speed (I dont know if it was the 3 speed but I beat my friend on his zinger with my 4 speed and I hear the ALT is slower then all)

Group 2- YT125

Group 3- Tough if it weren't for the YT 175 which would take all with ease

Group 4- 200x all the way

Tri-ZNate
01-21-2005, 08:04 AM
hmmm I might get some good competitioon for my first year.

Derrick Adams
01-21-2005, 10:23 PM
I want to see a 250sx vs. a 225DR in REVERSE!!! LOL

mymint87
01-21-2005, 11:06 PM
besides a flying 3WW banner, I'd like to see an ORG banner and even maybe a couple of vendors...

what about a "MYMINT87" fan club banner?....hehe

ScottZJ
01-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Man ol man, all these competitions, I am not sure which trikes to even bring. Geez, I need to get a bigger trailer and bring them all! haha

TimSr
01-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Man ol man, all these competitions, I am not sure which trikes to even bring. Geez, I need to get a bigger trailer and bring them all! haha

Howdy will teach you how to load a trailer so you can bring them all!

Howdy
01-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Howdy will teach you how to load a trailer so you can bring them all!

I don't care who you are. That is some funny stuff right there!! lol

It is easy to spot me. I'm the one with 5000 lb of machines on a trailer made to haul 1000lbs. j/k Actually I just like to use up every bit of space I can. When I run out of space I get a bigger trailer. With the way I keep building up the fleet I might need a semi this year. lol

Howdy

jeswinehart
01-23-2005, 06:12 PM
yeah ,,,, what 250sxwheeliepops said ,,, how about those utilty trikes !

i'm a thinking a good old fashion "trike" pull is in order ,,,
i can see it now ,,, my first competion meet .
any ideas as to what we can drag around ( each other ??? )

john

ClayW
01-23-2005, 06:45 PM
I know we can see who can pile the most cases of beer on the rear rack and still keep the frontend on the ground. :D :beer

jeswinehart
01-23-2005, 07:04 PM
i am gonna need the weight brother ,,, i'm going for a win here !

YAMAHA_Jim
01-26-2005, 10:34 PM
I think having a big group there from 3wheeler.org and midwesttrikers would be awesome.more the merrier. 1 guy(dads) from 3wheeler.org came last year.What matters is that there is a bunch of 3wheeler nuts in one place having a good time,not websites waving banners at eachother. Trikefest will always be associated with 3ww but its not a private party by any means. Vendors?? I dont know of any vendors that can bring a trailerload of trike parts. There is one vendor at haspin that sells cables/levers,sparkplugs,tubes and stuff like that.Haspin has its own kitchen so food vendors are out ,not too mention 3WW has its own designated chef,Emeril Swinehart. My mouth is watering just thinking about those deep fryed turkeys,mmmm. The one thing I would like to see at Trikefest is Atv magazine reporters and photographers and maybe even some ESPN2 cameras. OK,maybe ESPN2 is a bit much. TRIKEFEST 05,,,Be here before you know it.

jmack3986
01-27-2005, 11:20 PM
why doesnt some one contact the local television broad casters and tell them what is going on so that way at least we will make the news and then the following year more people will show up. i will submit a letter to some atv megs to let them know what is going on and see if they will do an article who knows we could make the cover

atctim
01-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Someone should Be in touch with the Outdoor Channel. They have a show called ATV Television (any one ever watch it?). I work for a digital cable TV Company and we have a contract with them. Maybe I'll see if I can pull some weight and get some TV coverage.

Can't wait till Trikefest 05 - will be my forst year there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atctim
01-28-2005, 10:56 AM
I just sent this to Doug@atvtv.com

He hosts ATV Television

Hi Doug:

Tim Keister here. I work for Venus Digital TV. We carry the Outdoor Channel (Digital) and I watch your show very often. I wanted to let you know of an event this summer and invite you and some camera personnel to maybe get some coverage of it. It's an event like no other. It's Trikefest '05. It is held at Haspin Acres in Laurel Indiana. The date is June 9 - 12. You can get more info here http://www.3wheelerworld.com/Haspin05.shtml

The reason I thought you might be interested is that 3 wheelers started the whole ATV craze. Without them, where would ATV's be today? Over 100 three wheeler enthusiasts will be there this year - alot of which bring numerous 3 wheelers, great riding skills, and a great knowledge of the history of ATVs / ATCs. Not too many of those things out there any more as I'm sure yo uknwo, let alone rare and restored units.

All of us at 3wheelerworld.com are pulling for some type of media coverage. Just to let the public know that there are still some of us die hards out there who have yet to switch to the 4 wheeled version.

We all promote safe riding and promote environmental protections and rules.

Feel free to contact me regarding any questions you have on this. Just thought a "throw-back" episode might be pretty cool for your show.

Thanks for your time,

Tim Keister
522 County Line Road
Venus, PA 16364
(814)354-6600
Venus Digital TV
3 Wheeler Enthusiast

Billy Golightly
01-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Wow now that would be cool for sure. Dirtwheels magazine pimping us out and then getting coverage for ATV TV :eek: Please keep us informed if you get any reply Tim.