PDA

View Full Version : Got some work done on the 500R, I need input from 250R riders.

Louis Mielke
01-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Hey everyone, i know I haven';t really posted much lately.....

Well I finally got a bunch of parts in the mail, so i got to get some things done on the 500R. I have pictures and hope to have them up on my website sunday.
I basically got the gas tank and exhaust completely and correctly mounted so now i can make the adjustments nessecary for the radiator positioning.

Also, all you 250R riders, I'm having some trouble deciding what handle bars to use on this beast and I'm worried about the bars hitting the CR gas tank. I have more adjustments to make obviously but if anyone could give me some thourough measurements on the handle bar bends and lengths it would be most helpful.
Also, I really need to know the distance that the front forks can rotate from one side to the other so i can finalize my forks steering stops. Any help would be appriciated.

Some other notes..

I got my 200x gas tank professionaly painted, cost me $100 but it looks brand new. i'll put pics up of it. I also received a travelcade, seat foam and cover kit for christmas that i have just about installed and I plan on puting a step by step how to install these kits on my website.

Also...

I have one new addition to the fleet. Its a 1985 Yamaha YTM225DR i bought from mikeinlongisland. Its in fairly good condition but it does need some TLC. i have already done major disasembly and am in the process of rebuiling the wireing harness.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but I'll put anything i can think of on my website soon.

Alright. Peace out everyone.

Darius1502
01-14-2005, 08:56 PM
Louis,

I love your 500R. It looks factory. The tank is awesome. Thats a CR500 tank correct, but premolded with radiator shouds.

It looks awesome my friend. If Honda ever did make an ATC 500R it would have been around 86 or 87. In 87 the Fourtrax was white and its likely the 87 500R would have been white as well.

If you can get some reproduction fourtrax graphics for the rear fenders...oh my gosh that would look so incredible.

Awesome!!

Red or Blue 250r headlight and shell (vintage 1986)....awesome!

Take a look at these Fourtrax graphics. if you could reproduce them to say 500...then it would look so factory!http://i16.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/0e/87/bc_1.JPG

MTS
01-14-2005, 09:00 PM
i hear the Cr lowbend bars are nice on the 250r

Pistonhead
01-14-2005, 09:02 PM
I've got CR lowbends on my project big red, they seem alot more responsive than stock bars do.

twgranger
01-14-2005, 09:07 PM
That is looking killer!!

Mr. Sandman
01-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Louis, your bike is looking good. It'll be a beast when it's finished. I don't recall which triple clamps you're using and the CR tank makes a difference too, but if using the stock ATC 250R clamps, I've found the Renthal 400EX bend to be very close to the stock bend. I don't have any bend dimensions, but check out any catalog or web site with Renthals and you should be able to find all theinfo you need.

For the steeering stops, to get it right, I think you'd get better and more accurate info if you physically measured them on a bike yourself. If you don't have access to something to measure, send me a PM with what exactly you're looking for and I'll do my best to measure mine.