PDA

View Full Version : Stupid questions, need help!

Pistonhead
01-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Ok, I'm almost done tearing down my whole motor on the 200e, heres where Clymer gets VERY vague. I have the starter motor taken off, now I need to know how to get that piece (its painted black) off so I can get at the starter gears etc. I've removed all the bolts, except for the one connected to the crankshaft/flywheel, and the dowel pin is still in there, I also cant seem to remove the oil pump or clutch, this is because every time I try, the crankshaft turns of course, I need to know how to get around this. I also cant seem to get that black piece off where the range switcher is. Thanks for the help!
:beer
PH

350x'inNY
01-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Impact wrench works pretty good on getting clutch baskets off.

Pistonhead
01-14-2005, 01:34 PM
O.K. I got an impact, do I need that for the others as well? I'm thinking the bolt attatched to the crank is all thats keeping me from getting at the starter gears.

MTS
01-14-2005, 08:00 PM
WOW dont use a impact without putting a screw driver through the connecting rod at Botten Dead center to hold the crank in there, if you do you can run the risk of beating the hell out of the cases and your connecting rod, also yes you have to take the stator+pullstarter+starter gears case off to get the starting gears out :)

Pistonhead
01-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Ok thanks, I tried using a socket with a long screwdriver through the connecting rod at BDC, but I didn't know if I would break the screwdriver or case pieces doing it that way. Thanks for the tip! I haven't even touched it since last night, nothing quite slows my projects like exams!

MTS
01-14-2005, 08:07 PM
heh yea exams suck i dont have any this semester.......next semester i have like 3 uuggg lol

Pistonhead
01-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Yeah I have Social and Science this semester, good thing was those are my best 2 and I got them during hunting season! I got boring old math and english for next semester, but on the plus side I also get mechanics, woodworking, and electrical (its like electrician training) :w00t: