PDA

View Full Version : nerf bars for 82r?

raptor
01-14-2005, 07:40 AM
Is there any special nerf bars for the 82R?
Noticed theres one for other types.

Also has anyone seen a trike with the attached pics nerf bars. and what does it look like?

Mr. Sandman
01-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Oh please, nerf's are for quads!

bigredhead
01-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Not so.

Here you will find my " Rigged " big red !

crazy carpet fenders ( work great btw ) and cheeZy nerf bars/tank plating !

LMAO..

really tho. they save toes.. and work great !

highly recommended !.. coulb be built better looking. but they get the job done !

Mr. Sandman
01-14-2005, 12:29 PM
As they say, "to each his own". :wondering

350x'inNY
01-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Well.... my Yamahauler has what they call foot brush guards from the factory, but I wouldn't call them Nerf bars... I wouldn't put those ones you have pictured on a trike.... esp a '82. Keep it original.... no crossbreeds! hahaha

Bruce

Trikeaholic
01-14-2005, 01:35 PM
someone post a pic of Doug Damakos (sp?) AKA "the wheelie king" with his 185s with the full roll cage. Why not just do that to a poor trike? Like the sandman says "silly rabbit, nerfs are for quads!"

bigredhead
01-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Well. actually that picture is an 84 big red 200 ES.

Those bars are welded to a 1/4 inch plate that guards the entire bottom of the trike up to the rear-end guard. i can ride this sucker over boulders without even nicking my frame !!.. LOL.. she's a TANK. adds about 40 lbs tho and Fugly until you get used to it , then it grows on you !!.

Mr. Sandman
01-14-2005, 01:48 PM
someone post a pic of Doug Damakos (sp?) AKA "the wheelie king" with his 185s with the full roll cage. Why not just do that to a poor trike?
Here you go, the ultimate 3 wheeler nerf bar. If you never saw Doug Domokos in person, he was amazing. He wheelied everything, from ATC's to Honda Goldwings. To see more go to http://www.thewheelieking.com

trikezilla
01-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Here you go, the ultimate 3 wheeler nerf bar. If you never saw Doug Domokos in person, he was amazing. He wheelied everything, from ATC's to Honda Goldwings. To see more go to http://www.thewheelieking.com

wow, i remember seeing this guy perform live once. i had no clue he died..anyways i kind of credit him to my love of trikes. i was around 10 when i saw him at the local monster truck show. When i saw him ride six front flips on that trike i toold my dad i wanted one. then i saw him ride that monster wheelie up the power line thing and i was convinced i was gonna buy a trike. i did..only 5 or 6 years later.

nonetheless he put on a pretty good show. i have a few pics of him and the trike(s) up close so i will try and post them as soon as i can!!
:TrikesOwn

raptor
01-14-2005, 02:52 PM
hmmmmm. ok. i was only asking about this.

like one of the admins maybe tim_sr? said. nothing can happen if you ride properly

OldSchoolin86
01-14-2005, 03:17 PM
hmmmmm. ok. i was only asking about this.

like one of the admins maybe tim_sr? said. nothing can happen if you ride properly
Things can break when your riding properly too.

Seriously though, that would be very goofy lookin just because you'd have two squares sticking out. You might want to consider the foot guards. You could get a set of EX one's pretty cheap and mod them to fit.

Like these:
http://i15.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/32/8a/33_1_b.JPG

raptor
01-14-2005, 04:50 PM
will they be easy to mod and fit?

bigredhead
01-14-2005, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=OldSchoolin86]Things can break when your riding properly too.

Seriously though, that would be very goofy lookin just because you'd have two squares sticking out. [QUOTE]

Hey.. you makin fun of my nerfs? :mad: ;)

My SX will get a set soon enough, but they'll be bent at a 45 degree on the front, i just need to find the proper pipe size and have my neighbor bend them the way i want.( he's got a sheet metal shop. with a pipe bender !!!! )

edit: tried to ascii a set of pipes.. but the spaces get stripped out.. argh

OldSchoolin86
01-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey.. you makin fun of my nerfs? :mad: ;)
LOL, I don't think you have BIG quares sticking out the sides of your beautiful trike.

OldSchoolin86
01-14-2005, 05:04 PM
will they be easy to mod and fit?I got a set with pegs I'd sell you cheap if you want to try. I do a little fab work so it wouldn't be too bad for me but I have the tools to make it easy at work. If you were close to Milwaukee I could hook you up all together.

hadar
01-14-2005, 05:16 PM
I also would like foot gaurds for my 82 250r. The reason why, is because the pegs do not fold on an old R. It's a terrifying prospect to get sucked under any atc. since the pegs don't fold anyway, there's no reason not to put guards on it. I'm all for it degreez. Let me know if you come up with something that looks and works good. I got an extra set of pegs, I was thinking about making something for mine. Just gota get the time and the right idea. But it's something I want to do with my R as well.

bigredhead
01-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Does anyone know if Chromemolly ( bicycle frames are comonly made of this ) can be welded ? it's lightweight, readily available material, and fairly strong.. and just about the right diameter for this...

OldSchoolin86
01-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Does anyone know if Chromemolly ( bicycle frames are comonly made of this ) can be welded ? it's lightweight, readily available material, and fairly strong.. and just about the right diameter for this...
Yes, those frames are welded. Companies like Cannondale weld them and then smooth everything out so it's not noticable. I'm not sure but I think you TIG weld that stuff.?>

wolfspider
01-15-2005, 09:20 AM
hi i put nerfs similar to those on my tri z, i needed them because i`m paraplegic to protect my feet, worked great and looked good too.
steve.

raptor
01-15-2005, 09:37 AM
have you a photo looking down at them?

thanks

wolfspider
01-15-2005, 11:48 AM
this is best that i`ve got as i sold it not long ago.

Billy Golightly
01-15-2005, 02:04 PM

Chromoly is just a grade of steel, its very weldable.