PDA

View Full Version : durablue vs lonestar

wanta86r
01-13-2005, 02:28 AM
which axle is better -the eliminator or the axcaliber? what are your thoughts on extended axles in general. im about to upgrade my 86r with one soon. also planning on a dual row carrier and anti fade hub

BigTBones
01-13-2005, 02:34 AM
Im not sure that this will help u but i thought i would give it a shot! I bought a Durablue +4 heavy duty axel for my 350x. Ya its a lil wide. I have never had a problem with stability issues. To buy the heavy duty axel you are going to have to buy the heavy duty bearing carrier too! It adds up $$$. Im satisfied with it. Hope this could help in any way.

OldSchoolin86
01-13-2005, 04:13 AM
In my experience the Lonestar is better then the durabend. ;)

skippy
01-13-2005, 11:17 AM
lonestar is alot stronger!!!

Apollo
01-13-2005, 11:44 AM
I bought a +4 Lonestar For my 86 R over a year ago and love it, no problems. I am running the stock carrier, is that going to be a problem later on ?

AZ250R
01-13-2005, 03:37 PM
they're both far superior to stock. Whatever one costs less, get it. & go for as WIDE as you can IMO! They both have lifetime warantys, so you bend/break it, no prob... they replace it! :beer

I would suggest you NOT get the Durablue Heavyduty ones though, they are for utility purposes mostly. I ordered one to save money, then read "not intended for jumping purposes" after getting it!?!?! WTF, sent it back directly to Durablue for the next grade up. Should have spent the $$ for the Eliminator +4 though & would if I do it over again... Durablue did tell me I could upgrade the one I have now just paying the difference when ever I wanted! :w00t: