PDA

View Full Version : 2nd annual twistfest @ gordons well

mymint87
01-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Valentine/ Presidents Day 2005.

.last years gordons well trikefest attendees....

YARDBIRD
MYMINT87

WHAT??? only 2???? Cmon SoCal..... lets twist :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce

Gordons 2004 trikefest is @

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=17547&highlight

BTW..."Nick" will be there with paddles........feel free to line up beside me @ the drags :w00t: :w00t: I promise I'll keep it in fourth....hehe

Merriman
01-12-2005, 02:34 PM
I may be out there Presidents weekend. I may be camping at Ogilby, but I'll ride over and see if I can meet up with you guys. Heck I should even have my ATC 250R up and going for that trip.....

mymint87
01-12-2005, 06:27 PM
I'll be at Buggy Flats....I have a big "Got Dunnz" sticker on the back of my 19ft box being pulled by a burby...

That would be cool if you have your trike ready to go...

gimme something to go by so that i might pick you out from the multitudes.....hehe

If you come to the drags, Im always near the jump/start line on the west side...and pretty much stay for the whole show once I do a couple rips on my pimped out "nick"... :beer

BTW ...should also have a little blue "scud" nissan with a matching camper shell in camp too....

AZ250R
01-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Wouldn't ya know it... My ride, the guy with the hauler, want's to goto Glamis that weekend instead!?!?! Well see what happens or where we end up...

Yardbird
01-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Hey mymint87 ya'll finally drying out from all that rain? I gotta say I sure miss the dunes but we had about 12 inches of snow right before Christmas and that was a blast. Come on trike riders go and represent. Seeing how I live about 1900 miles away and pulling my 18 ft. toy hauler my gas bill would be steep. it would be one heck of road trip. Now since you got the 'nick' it would be interesting to line it up against my DS650. It sure would be fun that's for sure. I just might have to think really hard about coming out.....later bro.

mymint87
01-18-2005, 11:40 PM
Wouldn't ya know it... My ride, the guy with the hauler, want's to goto Glamis that weekend instead!?!?! Well see what happens or where we end up...

well hopefully you'll run to the drags one day...if ya do look for me by the jump on the west side :beer :beer :beer

mymint87
01-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Hey mymint87 ya'll finally drying out from all that rain?

sure did...stayed nice and dry and the dunes didn't get hammered too hard

Come on trike riders go and represent.

I can feel them finally coming on Yardird...I'll give it another year or so and with help from this and other forums, i see things getting crazy out here and trikers representing in full force...I'm excited

Seeing how I live about 1900 miles away and pulling my 18 ft. toy hauler my gas bill would be steep. it would be one heck of road trip.

18ft box?...darn dude, how much cash did ya make off that hobble you lived in...well actually that doesn't suprise me...last time I checked , you had a wad of hundreds big enough to gag a horse...hehe.... feel free to throw me a couple twenties ....lol

Now since you got the 'nick' it would be interesting to line it up against my DS650. It sure would be fun that's for sure. I just might have to think really hard about coming out.....later bro.

yea ...you remember...that was fun.....and people around here still dont believe i came out in front of the rap.....hehe...it doesnt mean it was slower..it means i rode faster on the x........im throwing a couple nick picks in my reply.....got some paddles and they are sweeeeeeeeet

i envy you bro....your close enough to twist off to haspin this year :beer :beer :beer

as for me...i'll keep bumping out here til it blows up in the dunes....which, after 3 years of waiting, I feel the tsunami swelling up...shouldn't be to much longer..

hey Yardbird, BTW, i forgot to tell ya your famous...Check out ScottZJ's web site.......hehe

Yardbird
01-28-2005, 08:22 PM
hey Yardbird, BTW, i forgot to tell ya your famous...Check out ScottZJ's web site.......hehe[/QUOTE]

That picture was purely accidental. I told my buddy to just click off some pics. Not to sure who shaded it red. I should of copyrighted it LOL!

Enigma
01-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Well hopefully I will be out at buttercup for Presidents Day. If not I will be out 2 weeks after. Im trying to get my brother to go aswell. So if ya see an 85 and 86 tecate cruising the dunes that will be me and my bro.

mymint87
02-02-2005, 01:18 AM
hey Yardbird, BTW, i forgot to tell ya your famous...Check out ScottZJ's web site.......hehe

That picture was purely accidental. I told my buddy to just click off some pics. Not to sure who shaded it red. I should of copyrighted it LOL![/QUOTE]

some of the best ideas, inventions and primo photos happen by accident....

your pic proves it, truly an awesome pic of were we ride or trikes....

I think kasey tweeked it about the time nasa set down on mars with its rover...hehe

mymint87
02-02-2005, 01:25 AM
Well hopefully I will be out at buttercup for Presidents Day. If not I will be out 2 weeks after. Im trying to get my brother to go aswell. So if ya see an 85 and 86 tecate cruising the dunes that will be me and my bro.

well whats it been .....2years?..since we've been dicing each other out by Mother "G"......

One of these days we'll be on the same page....hehe

I'll be looking for you and your bro.....

best time to catch me in the wide open dunes amongest the throngs of atv enthusiasts is probably saturday drags....I'll be on the west side near the jump....

MEMO TO ALL MEMBERS:
Dusk time is Drag Time

Enigma
02-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Welp I just got home from Buttercup man what a rat race. MyMint I was looking for the Nick at the drags but didn't see it, did I just miss ya? It was a lot of fun and I didn't relize how many trikes mostly 250rs there are, sadly I didnt see another tecate. And did you see the sky show sat night? I have never seen that much lighting in my life. I feel kind of stupid I brought my camera but it was in the trailer all weekend.

mymint87
03-06-2005, 03:27 PM
No you didn't just miss me....

It was a combination of events that made Enigma the ONLY attendee @ the 2nd annual twistfest

I was given the opportunity to ride with my childhood friend...and jumped on it...we were born as nieghboors in a small navy community....both of us being navy brats, were like two peas in a pod, at the age of 10 my family left the neighborhood to move to what was then the country, years had passed but everytime we met we always picked up where we left off. he's an old duner that quit riding serveral years ago because of a death of a friend @ gordons. adefinate wake up call, but now with his trikes gone and a new family/quads and a box, he was looking for a fresh start and I wanted to be there with him..

I call him Ox, and I am known to him as Mikey, you see , i was Mikey before being Mikey was coool..Thanks OCC

anyway we blew town the weekend after pres day and it was still choppy out there and kinda damp

The trusty Trey-Fity blew up the wall @ Pattons valley ..as it roared up it in third , I had to bump it down to 2nd about 20 feet from the top

Oh Mighty Enigma,

as the soul attendee @ Twistfest, I want to thank you, and as this years season winds down and the eastcoasters season begins to light up, I can only say that NEXT YEAR, there will be more trikes, more members and I can assure you that someday we will meet...hopefully soon, and we'll spin on that twist we've been promising each other....after waiting four years I can see AN EPIC so cal ride coming in the near future

So Cal Dune Twisters,

THREE'S A CHARM :w00t: :w00t: 3rd annual TWISTFEST???????????

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN

pics are as follows

(left to right).......Ox and Mikey...together again...... friends for 43 years
Ox's 10g quad :D :D :D
Mymint87's 350x conquers the wall @ Pattons Valley

mymint87
04-16-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm surprised no one commented on Mymint's 2nd annual twistfest turning into the "Ox and Mikey Show".....remember all opinions are always welcome here ......

As for Ox, he is now the proud owner of a mint 86 250r ($1600.00) and after dropping that bomb on my lap (and laughing about it) he left for the weekend on what will be his last dune trip of the season....after pumping 4 g's into his brand new quad, he told me to wait and see what he does with the"R"... i can only imaging that it will be the sic'est thing out at Gordon's

i guess he liked my idea of having 2 toys to ride, the 350x and Nick...so now he's got 2 too....

We had planned on having a contest this off season to see which one of us comes up with a mint 250r first....once again Mikey was smoked....

This is my off season to re-tool

I'm adding a 86250r

(btw, thanks Dammit! for giving me tunnelvision on that one, ever since i rode yours all I think about is adding one to my stable...that lil twist is gonna cost me 1600 to 1800 bucks.....hehe)

also, Im dropping the trx90 w/ ricky stator light kit and going with a "shee"

oldest kid wants a "shee" and the younger one has taken the blaster

so next season i'll be pulling 3 just for myself, a Nick, 350x and an "R"

Yardbird
04-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Sounds like the Burb is gonna be haulin some nice toys!!!