PDA

View Full Version : why we cant find after market parts for our Sport trikes

Tyler 54
01-09-2005, 06:41 PM
I was bidding on a bills pipe today for my T-3, I was outbid the last minute by a fellow board member. It is fine that I was outbid by him, however From what I know the guy already has two aftermarket T-3 pipes. Thats all fine and dandy too. The guy only has 1 Bike that I know of, Does he really need 3 pipes? I mean heck... you can only use one of them lol.... I guess im just pissed to know that Some of these guys have a pile of parts in there garage and only one bike to put the parts on..... :confused:

OldSchoolin86
01-09-2005, 09:18 PM
If you planned to keep your machine for years to come it would be a good idea to stock pipe some of these harder to find parts. It would seem to me you simply got out bid.

twgranger
01-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Was it triztunes??

Trikeaholic
01-09-2005, 10:21 PM
the parts whoring is getting a little discouragaing. However, I have some parts that I cannot see selling, and have no use for right now. I dunno.

Tyler 54
01-09-2005, 10:24 PM
No, it wasnt TRIZtunes.

I do understand it. It's just frustrating for some of us guys trying to get parts, and we know that people have 3 of them in there garage not in use, and wont part with them, The sad thing is I would have got the pipe for a decent price. I would have got it for like $80 ... The board member bid me all the way to $170 and the last minute.

Orangecnty250r
01-09-2005, 10:49 PM
I just saw two used 86 tecate shrouds L & R with no cracks but one was painted kawi green go for 160 some bucks. Whats the deal with that. Are the Kawi tecate parts that hard to come by.

Tyler 54
01-09-2005, 10:53 PM
They dont make the right shroud anymore from Kawi. They are hard to find in good shape. I was bidding on those as well

Quickonstep
01-09-2005, 11:19 PM
quit your crying.. what it means is somone simply was willing to pay more than you for it.. all in all you should have bid a higher maximium for whatever you were bidding on.. its like everyone is 2 years old again throwing a temper tantrum.

Jesse

Curtis-Tecate3
01-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Tyler,
If you want an aftermarket 2nd gen T3 pipe then you better be aggressive with your money or find something that no one else knows about. They are very hard to come by and the Bill's in particular is very rare.

Congrats to Sportvette on scoring a rare Bill's pipe..

Curtis.

RideRed250R
01-10-2005, 12:04 AM
wat would the difference be if he was some parts whore who just bought the parts and kept them for awhile then jacked up the price, its another ball game with discontiued parts. and tecate is very hard to come by i here.
adanm

Tyler 54
01-10-2005, 12:40 AM
quit your crying.. what it means is somone simply was willing to pay more than you for it.. all in all you should have bid a higher maximium for whatever you were bidding on.. its like everyone is 2 years old again throwing a temper tantrum.

Jesse

If you would read my post, you would understand more. I stated that it doesnt matter I got outbid, I just dont understand why people have to be as holic said "parts whores"

Quickonstep
01-10-2005, 01:38 AM
If you would read my post, you would understand more. I stated that it doesnt matter I got outbid, I just dont understand why people have to be as holic said "parts whores"

but your crying about it reguardless.. i did read your post and thats what i dont understand, if you would bid higher, you wouldnt have to whine and cry about people being "parts whores"

Jesse

Tyler 54
01-10-2005, 02:37 AM
It was at 80.00 with three seconds left... My high bid was $170..

You'd think that would be high enough, If i knew it was goign to be more I would have bid more.

Quickonstep
01-10-2005, 02:52 AM
it happens to everyone.. but we dont go and cry about it (well some do) you just move on and try to find the next part, i mean isnt that half the fun of restoring? at least it is for me... but i guess i dont think the same way everyone else does.

Jesse

Lots_Of_Nothing
01-10-2005, 02:54 AM
It was at 80.00 with three seconds left... My high bid was $170..

You'd think that would be high enough, If i knew it was goign to be more I would have bid more.

So the way I see, you got outbid fair and sqaure (I know you allready mentioned you dont care about this, but I think your true emotions are leaking past). Whats wrong with having a variety of pipes to choose from for one bike? Maybe one has more low, mid, or top end performance. I know I always bought extra stuff for my R I never really needed, but bought just to have, and use if I wanted to try something different.

the parts whoring is getting a little discouragaing. However, I have some parts that I cannot see selling, and have no use for right now. I dunno.

I also have alot of parts boxed up that are not on the for sale list, but I have absolutely no use for right now, Not sure why I keep them. Just hanging onto them. Just various hard to find parts that I dont want to sell, because I know if I want/need them again in the future, im gonna be kicking myself in the butt because I cant find them anywhere.

350x'inNY
01-10-2005, 01:16 PM
I also have alot of parts boxed up that are not on the for sale list, but I have absolutely no use for right now, Not sure why I keep them. Just hanging onto them. Just various hard to find parts that I dont want to sell, because I know if I want/need them again in the future, im gonna be kicking myself in the butt because I cant find them anywhere.

Me too.... Especially for my 350X. Some rare parts that are still in the Hondaline Packaging. Will I use them someday? Maybe.... If not, it'll be an investment, cause they were hard to find now, let alone another 5-10 years from now. My Yamahas? ... DuraBlue rear axle, Blue plastics, Hand and Brush Guards, etc... I know the value/rareity of my parts and if I want to use them fine... if I want to save them for later, for a future project, or for resale someday when I "need a favor"/trade then that's my decision.

Bruce

hondatrikesrule22
01-10-2005, 02:39 PM
I AM a parts whore....but only because no one will buy my parts. :( I wan't to get rid of it all. I have a ATC 110 aftermarket swingarm sitting in my room. It was sandblasted and repainted. I also have a set of those fork extenders. I have a bunch of 110 parts, and a TON of tri-zinger parts.

83200e
01-10-2005, 02:49 PM
I parts whore every chance I get. I built a 12'x24' storage bldg last year for the sole purpose of filling it to the ceiling with parts.This insures me I'll have parts for my future projects.

sportvette
01-11-2005, 10:00 PM
hey tyler,

sorry i outbid you on the bills pipe auction. i do have multipe bikes and enough parts to build more bikes, minus the frames and engines. its actually easier to store stuff without building bikes. i have four trikes, and usually only 2 riders. but i do ride them and have had things break. i enjoy purchasing the parts and i do take good care of my parts and trikes.