PDA

View Full Version : 85 200x update

200xkwit
01-08-2005, 07:48 PM
well as of 600pm tonight shes alive again after a long time sitting in my canvous shed. After looseing spark about 3 months ago she just sat until I gained some funds to buy/locate a new stator. Well about 2 weeks ago I pulled the engine and stripped it down to nothing to replace all the bottom end gaskets. I know those of you that do your own bottom ends feel me on that one! :) Well upon pulling the piston I learned that the rings were bad and so I bought new ones and as I went to put them in I discoverd that the piston was warped :mad: however lucky me I had a spare cylinder and piston that were almost new sept for 2 small scratches inside of the freshly bored cylinder that im hoping wont cause to much trouble ....do u guys think? (there about a 1/4 inch long going verticle twards the top of the cylinder and you can only really feel them with your nail) im sure a very light honeing would have taken care of it but I hope it last till summer atleast. so I bolted it all together and threw her in the frame gas/oil and gave her a few kicks.. now im back to to square one (rejetting it and tuning it to the mods) however I did "ride it" for a few seconds with no right foot peg to put it in the shed till ican get some light tomorrw plus the parents are laying down so tomorrw we tune! :beer let u guys now how it goes ...and someone let me know about those tiny scratches in the cylinder too. I put some good oil in it to make up for that little hot spot it will become in the cylinder but let me know maybe some horror stories or somthing lol :w00t:

HaggLE
01-08-2005, 09:58 PM
The scratches should be cool. If you say that you can only feel them with your nail then thats fine. Have you ever pulled apart a motor that hasnt had proper air filtration. It has lots of scratches from sand and dirt getting in and they go along time before a rebuild. Ive head of engines being put together worse.