PDA

View Full Version : ahh, my pig 350x is mad!

Trikeaholic
01-08-2005, 03:26 PM
wont start! I wanna ride in the nice new snow! Its been acting up since the last day of Haspin last year.

r00sty
01-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Get the wife and kids to push you around the yard!! lmfao
Hey Matt, thinking of kicking mine over today if it gets up to 60 :rolleyes:

83185s
01-08-2005, 03:40 PM
yea it may be the cold weather tho keeping it from starting..my friend is gonna have fun on his 200x now..he usually pushes me or i push him down the hill to start it cause he cant get it started by kicking..i think its his jsets but who knows..it feels flooded too when i push him on it...it turns over a bunch before it tries to fire..like..bababababababbababa BABA BA BAB AB yea u get it..lol..anyway i gotta push him or he has to push me down a hill and pop the clutch on it

Trikeaholic
01-08-2005, 03:44 PM
well I know its not tuned for chit, ask anyone at TF about the black somoke! it over rich. I dunno why, never messed with it. It is from SoCal, and when I got it, it had paddles on it and a supertrapp. Maybe it was tuned to run WOT all the time, and it gets loaded up? I dunno, at any rate it needs some tuning, and I stink at that (dont have the patience!) Why does my 83 R run so strong?? just plain dumb luck. I bolted it together and it just ran like a raped ape-l

crazyorigin
01-08-2005, 05:39 PM
cold weather is a pain for starting cold motors, especialy if their not stock, my old 400ex wouldnt start worth crap in the snow after i built the motor up.

jeswinehart
01-08-2005, 06:12 PM
well my x will start just fine but i need to tinker with the clutch . way out of adjustment ( or at least i hope that is all it is ) . i'm just lacking the ambition to do it.

john

350x'inNY
01-08-2005, 06:25 PM
John....At least the controls are on right! :p I hope you have adjustment left in it. Have you drove it since I did?

Holic.... My 350X's are a pain to start in the winter. My secret??? Buy a ceramic heater, and set it on high on the footpeg for about 20 minutes before you ride. Starts right up! Then once the motor is warm, it'll start back up on the ride.

Bruce

md1985250r
01-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Bruce nailed it.......heat it up a little somehow. I sometimes use a propane torch to put a little warmth to it.Starts easily when its warm. Good luck,GREG

Trikeaholic
01-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Bruce, I hate to tell ya, but mine would start in sub-zero temps with 2 or 3 tries before, Im sure that heating it up would work, but after 20 minutes of dinkin around, I probably would change my mind about going for a spin, or the old lady would start bitching at me for some reason.......................JK she aint bad, just fun to goof on her, when you get married you will understand. LOL

raptor
01-08-2005, 06:34 PM
boiling hot water from a kettle is a good way. or just bumb it. but if your on your own then you cant!

jeswinehart
01-08-2005, 06:55 PM
no bruce ,,, i haven't messed with it since you figure out my "short" clutch cable problem. ya know ,,, it's not a bad idea to have another experianced rider ride your machines once in awhile.
350x'inNY stopped over for a day and showed me i had clutch lever/switch controls on backwards resulting in a "short" clutch cable. been like that for 3 years !
okay ,,, rather then fall asleep at the computer ,,, i'm gonna go out and do some trike swapping around ( get my x in the heated part of the garage ) and tinker around with the clutch.

john

jeswinehart
01-08-2005, 09:59 PM
well i am sure the clutch is fine. didn't get much of a chance to really test it out under heavy load but just "feels" alot better.
hey bruce ,,,, i even adjusted the decompression cable. i bet my wife could even kick start the x now ,,, big difference there now.
got the headlight ground problem on the left bulb fixed too. covered it back up and in storage again.

john

Dynofox
01-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Is the motor getting fuel? Maybe some crap from the tank plugged up the petcock? The carb might need a good cleaning as well. Just my guess. :beer