PDA

View Full Version : 84 KXT250 Tecate

14U2NV
01-08-2005, 04:57 AM
My Kawasaki logo on gas tank has faded and become brittle, pealing off tank. Can I still get replacements thru dealer or aftermarket supplier. My 3-wheeler is red and only on motor and back of seat does it say Kawasaki. My neighbors son thought it was a Honda, very suprised when he saw Kawasaki logo. Also where did the name Tecate come from or originate. Also where can I get a manual (repair) for my 3-wheeler nobody carries one at my local dealer or shops. Any help or response will be appreciated. Thank You!!

Apollo
01-08-2005, 12:19 PM
I read in some ATV magazines in the 80's that Kawasaki tested the KXT250 in or near Tecate, Mexico.

ScottZJ
01-08-2005, 12:40 PM
I believe if my memory servers me it started around Baja California. According to historians, Tecate served as a seat to a numerous indian populatione. Probably, the name Tecate comes from Pai Pai language, meaning "clean water". There is also a town called Tecate, very small town where the beer came from.

As for the tank and such, there was a post not long ago talking about ceet still making tank bras for the tecate. I dont remember if they made red ones but that would be the best way make the tank look great.

cdrookie
01-08-2005, 09:39 PM
tank decals are on ebay and a servise manual is pretty easy to find on there also.

Redrooster
01-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Contact Mike at ATC250r1@hotmail.com