PDA

View Full Version : i thought i had the best Z out there!!!

mike from long island
01-06-2005, 10:56 PM
just like the title says. until i started see more Z pop up on 3WW,i thought my Z was the best lol i have read many post that bad mouthed the tri-z too. but it seems to be a popular bike. i am very happy to see all of them. i am not going to pick any single Z to talk about.(dont want to give anyone a bigger ego :beer ) but i see a lot of drag Z. i see a few 250r drag racers but the Z seem to be taking over. i personally dont have a need or a place to even drag race. so i am not going for that. i do want mine to go fast. unfortunitly many know i have burned up two top ends in less then three hours. i have to figure out this carb before trikefest. i want to drag race there really bad.

well i guess what i am trying to say is, i am very happy to see the poor old Z making a fast come back. ever since the first time i saw one i had to get myself one. i have played with the idea of selling my Z so many times if i say it again everyone laughs and says whatever lol. i think everyone gets fed up with thier bike and wants it gone. i am glad to still own mine. even the wife wants me to keep her.

honda may last forever BUT YAMAHA KICKS ARSE :D

dont forget i own 350x that has been one of the best bikes i have ever owned. but i am a yamaha fan forever

RideRed250R
01-06-2005, 10:59 PM
yamaha kicks arse HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

smokinp
01-07-2005, 12:38 AM
you do have a very nice Z mike! :TrikesOwn got any new pics of her? :naughty: :naughty:

atvnut
01-07-2005, 05:48 AM
Mike...check out atv special events.com We drag all over ny state and some pa locations also.....Come join us!..... Jack

TimSr
01-07-2005, 10:38 AM
Its is interesting how attitudes have changed about the TriZ, but it happns much the same as anything else. Some kid reads a magazine that says a 250R is "faster" takes it as gospel, though he's never seen one before, posts it on the forums, then it keeps getting repeated and embellished each time to the point that not long ago it was common belief on here that they were not quite as fast as a 200X.
Then you get Trikefest drags, where the fastest trikes out there were a TriZ and a Tecate, and probably the fastest 250R happened to be an aircooled, and then people who actually have ridden one, or ride more than one kind of trike suddenly start posting that the Z holds its own with any other 2 stroke out there, and the rumormeisters start parroting a different tune and we get a different impression about how slow a TriZ really is.
You dont have to pick the TriZ as your favorite, but it deserves every bit as much respect as the other 2 strokes.

Dammit!
01-07-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm a 250R person but I've always loved the TriZ's. Anybody looking at what was fastest back in the day when they were stock isn't seeing the big picture anyway. Any of the big three 2-strokes can be modded to rip your arms out of their sockets. Handling characteristics are easily changed on any of them to suit the rider. Just get what you like the best and go to town I say. :)

Blown 331
01-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Its is interesting how attitudes have changed about the TriZ, but it happns much the same as anything else. Some kid reads a magazine that says a 250R is "faster" takes it as gospel, though he's never seen one before, posts it on the forums, then it keeps getting repeated and embellished each time to the point that not long ago it was common belief on here that they were not quite as fast as a 200X.
Then you get Trikefest drags, where the fastest trikes out there were a TriZ and a Tecate, and probably the fastest 250R happened to be an aircooled, and then people who actually have ridden one, or ride more than one kind of trike suddenly start posting that the Z holds its own with any other 2 stroke out there, and the rumormeisters start parroting a different tune and we get a different impression about how slow a TriZ really is.
You dont have to pick the TriZ as your favorite, but it deserves every bit as much respect as the other 2 strokes.

Sounds exactly like the YFZ and the 450R.

Wickedfinger
01-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Sounds exactly like the YFZ and the 450R.
... it is ... It started way back in the day with "Horses" and will continue into the future with "Spaceships". As long as it "goes" man will race it, then think his is better than the next guys. Tims points hit the nail on the head - when it comes to the High-Performance/Race ATV's of our sport, both from the past or in the present, the machines are really so close in performance from the factory, it really just comes down to "Who's having the better day" or in some cases "Who has more experience". Another valid point he made was that of magazine shootouts determining which bike is the best. While there are many different factors that go into this - lets not be so nieve as to think there arn't "kick backs" that go to the publications in reward for any certain manufacturer "coming out on top".

Dammit!
01-07-2005, 04:20 PM
My X-37 PU Space Modulator will 0wn your Y-39 ST Space Vortex!!!

I think...

Guys? Will it beat him?

CHAINSAW
01-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Im a Yamaha Man for life :) Its just different strokes for different folks.

a-camp
01-07-2005, 09:23 PM
I have owned YZ's, IT's, CR,s.Love them all Even rode Husky for a decade. I RIDE RED NOW . Well point is I would not kick a YZF out of bead for eating crackers.

ChrisD
01-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi all. I haven't checked in for a while so I wanted to put in my 2 cents.

Yawn........

Most bikes are built to reach a certain top speed. I don't know why but most h/p atv's are built to go in the low 70 mph zone. To make a bike fast, you need to look at the mod potential. I chose Honda, but to each their own.

jenndnn3
01-07-2005, 11:21 PM
You got to get a hold of mywifeknowseverything, he has a video, that shows a real sweet z kicken some major fanny on hillclimb. Very good stuff.

03 ORANGE SHEE
01-07-2005, 11:28 PM
is that the 6 1/2 hr video??, very good stuff, i have it!! :p

Dammit!
01-07-2005, 11:36 PM
I want it. :Bounce

twgranger
01-08-2005, 09:28 AM
What video?? I must see it.

03 ORANGE SHEE
01-08-2005, 10:04 AM
the video is filmed from 85-93, so you will see new 250r's, lt 250r, 500r's, new tecates, best live 6 1/2 hours ive ever seen

a-camp
01-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Bring it on ..Where do we get ?

twgranger
01-08-2005, 11:31 AM
the video is filmed from 85-93, so you will see new 250r's, lt 250r, 500r's, new tecates, best live 6 1/2 hours ive ever seen
What is the name of the video and who sells it?? Ill give you $5 for yours. :p J/K

03 ORANGE SHEE
01-08-2005, 11:35 AM
it is privite, not in stores, its from florida, and id have to ask another member on here if i can copy it

twgranger
01-08-2005, 11:39 AM
it is privite, not in stores, its from florida, and id have to ask another member on here if i can copy it
Please ask. ill buy one from you. :w00t:

mike from long island
01-08-2005, 12:13 PM
seeing how this was my orginal post if it is not to much touble i wouldnt mind getting a copy too :cool: thanks

bebeav
01-08-2005, 12:19 PM
that would be sweet if you could get his permission.

i'll be on the list too.

ALP
Beav

CHAINSAW
01-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Throw the SAW on the list also....

Dammit!
01-08-2005, 01:58 PM
I'd gladly pay for a copy.

jenndnn3
01-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Craig I hope I didnt step on a toe or 2 here. Orange I only made it through 4 hours before I had to send it in for an upgrade of dvd. I dont know what was funner to watch, the rolling back down the hill or the actuall climb. These guys had some skill. And I dont think the z ever rolled in this film.....