PDA

View Full Version : tri-z swingarm What kind??

twgranger
01-06-2005, 09:15 PM
What kind of swingarm is on this Z? I dont think i have seen one like this before. :wondering The way he talkes about the tri-z in the description is stupid but funny.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36628&item=4517778837&rd=1

Quickonstep
01-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Only thing you need to know is this vehicle was the beast that triggered the banning of three wheeled atv's.

For all you Maniac’s out there with a death wish, I have decided to sell my ROAD LEGAL and registered Yamaha tri-z. This is One of a kind as I have Designed and built a differential swing-arm to try and this beast to corner (to goes where it pleases. You open the throttle and by god it goes.

hahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahah

twgranger
01-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Only thing you need to know is this vehicle was the beast that triggered the banning of three wheeled atv's.

For all you Maniac’s out there with a death wish, I have decided to sell my ROAD LEGAL and registered Yamaha tri-z. This is One of a kind as I have Designed and built a differential swing-arm to try and this beast to corner (to goes where it pleases. You open the throttle and by god it goes.

hahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahah I must have looked right over that swingarm part, sorry. :p Isn't that some funny stuff though. LMAO

MassTrike
01-07-2005, 12:04 AM
it seems to resemble the swinger on Ange's tecate, Champion made it, it seems to have the same twin tubular design, cool find

Rex Karz
01-08-2005, 04:31 PM
I emailed the guy about it and he sent pics, said it is a true differential. I started a thread on it at 3wheeler.org

Modifytosuit
01-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Hi to rexkarz,

Thanx for the emails regarding my one-off trike.

To all the people who don't beileve me, YES IT IS A DIFFERENTIAL and YES it works. take a look and see if you can spot the rear brake.

I have rode it for 6 months now and had no problems apart from people walking into things while watching me on the roads near where i live!!!

The local vehicle registering office (DMV for you in the us)near me was impressed when i took this machine down for them to inspect before issusing my numberplates

in the next few months, i will be taking moulds off all the plastic parts on the tri-z and making some kevlar and carbon fibre ones. then i will be ripping my machine to bit for a full overhaul and tune up .

If you want anymore info, i don't bite, but i am not intrested in people who are idiots.

raptor
01-08-2005, 06:29 PM
noticed you have to up for sale?
how many do you own?

Billy Golightly
01-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Wow that is WILD! Are all the differential parts custom made or was anything borrowed from another application? Swingarm totally custom?

Carbonfiber fenders sound very interesting. I think you will be pretty popular here when you pull that off. :)