PDA

View Full Version : 350X owners, I need to call in a favor.

Billy Golightly
01-04-2005, 07:52 PM
In my quest to try and finish the 500X up, I've ran into some problems with how I'm going to permanently mount the gas tank. What you can do to help me, is anyone with a good high quality camera, is to take several pictures of the tank on the front, where the steering neck is, and with the tripples in full lock both directions. Also a few of how it mounts down in the back of the frame, to show clearences, ect. Your assistance will help me get this beast done. Thank You. :beer

350x'inNY
01-04-2005, 11:58 PM
I can go to the farm tomorrow night and take some pics. I thought someone was coming tonight to get some 200X parts, but never heard from him. :(

Hopefully this storm they keep talking about will hold off some so I can get you these pics tomorrow night!

Bruce

Billy Golightly
01-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Thanks Bruce, I appreciate it!

NOS_350X
01-05-2005, 12:18 AM
I dont quite understand what you need but ill go snap a few tonight and see if its what you need.

ATCnut
01-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Howdy

You've got mail. I send you the raw, full sized pics from my camera. My 350X is parked in the gurage up at the house right now, so it was no problem to snap pics. Let me know if you want any other particular shots. Hope you are not dial up, the emails are big

NOS_350X
01-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Well took some pictures and they came out horrable. If you still need some let me know and ill try again.

Billy Golightly
01-05-2005, 09:05 AM
ATCnut,

I just checked it and haven't got anything? gridiron@atlantic.net or HondaATC@3wheelerworld.com Thanks for your help.

Howdy
01-05-2005, 09:31 AM
ATCnut,

I just checked it and haven't got anything? gridiron@atlantic.net or HondaATC@3wheelerworld.com Thanks for your help.

I know why you didn't get them yet. I got them!! Anyway, I forwarded them to you. There is 2 emails and they will take a loooongggg time to download ( it took me a while to upload them ). If they don't come through let me know. I can FTP them to 3WW dir for you. ;)
Howdy

Billy Golightly
01-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Just got them. That should help me out quite a bit. My main problem is that because the engine is so much taller, the carb has to sit higher, alot higher. The tank has to sit higher or it will be on top of it. This makes the seat fit weird and its a high center of gravity as well. I can't use the airbox to frame backbone airtube anymore. I'm also going to probably have to cut a notch in the gas tank in the back (Where the raised X pattern in the metal is at) to allow the tank to kind of sit over the carb. Everything in there is so tight it is crazy.