PDA

View Full Version : im gealous! my friend got a 200x today!

83185s
01-02-2005, 03:21 PM
wel wel wel..my friends dad got him a 200x for 600 bucks! its in good working order too..runs great 10.5:1 comp wiseco 30 over..hehe its a pain in the ass to start..i had to get it for him today since hes not used to kick starters..i told him if he cant start it he shouldnt have it...lol..it need a new front fender...im not sure of the year but its nice..needs a grab bar too...prolly could use a new shock unless 200x's are really loose feeling..its also got a dg exhaust on it...needless ti say its bad ass..lol

vartiak15
01-02-2005, 03:49 PM
sweet get some pics. i got a shock if ya need one.

83185s
01-02-2005, 07:00 PM
alright i dunno what all it needs and i dunno if he wants pics taken..lol..i see what i can do and ill ask him if he wants a spare shock..if he doesnt i might cause im gonna get me a 200x pretty soon..the one he got isnt the one i was gonna get so we may have a couple good runnin 200x's around here !

Pistonhead
01-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Though I've never seen a 200x, I've only heard good things about them.

jakey
01-02-2005, 08:15 PM
He'll love it...but 600 sounds a lil high for a bike that needs alot of stuff and has a blown shock...i got mine for 650 and its about as close to mint as they come

83185s
01-03-2005, 12:46 AM
well im not sure if its blown i think its just really weak..i mean..it works but u can jump on the seat and it feels like its maxing out..it dont really need much..its got new tires all around and the piston kit is new..from what i can see its a really good trike

Rex Karz
01-03-2005, 11:59 AM
200X shocks feel really mushy. I have an extra shock if you need one, I'll sell it cheap but you see tons of them on e-barf all the time.

ATCnut
01-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Ive got a 200x with a aftermarket stiffer spring on the rear shock. It feels good. I got a stock 200x and the stock feels really mushy. I bought another stock shock off of ebay and put it on, and it feels just the same, mushy. Im 5'10" and weigh ~205#. IMHO a stiffer spring is a must have upgrade for a 200x to be ridden by a full sized rider. the stock setup is great for the ~140# pound rider.

83185s
01-03-2005, 05:36 PM
nvm about the shock.. its the way its set, he also has another parts bike for it..its almost complete!!! hes got a complete other engine for it except a piston and rocker assembly and connecting rod, he needs an air box assembly and carb also, he also needs the kick start lever and pulse unit assembly, cam timing gear and the little pin that holds the pulser on the cam... we went to the local honda dealer and the guy that we talked to said its not worth fixing..he said it would come out to be about $1400 and its a pos! i told the guy to f off and that im not gonna ever come back unless i talk to someone else cause what he said could have gotten him fired if the manager was there..for his sake the manager wasnt or i would have seen to it that he did get fired..the guy didnt even get through the list of what we needed for it when i told him to f off..he also said there is no suck thing as an aftermarket electric starter kit..and there is cause ive seen them somewhere here on the board and i told him that there is but its not oem..the guy wouldnt listen..i told him that its not about the price value its the sentimental value that counts and also called him a jack ass and left :D ..that was my day lol..i also rode the 200x..its really nice..its a b%$#h to start when its cold but once it gets warmed up it starts right up

84honda 200X
01-03-2005, 08:46 PM
I dont think it would cost that much to rebuild the parts one the rod would probably be the most. The little pin you can get off another cam from a honda and alot of the other things you can get off ebay for cheap! That guy shoudl get fired! But it will cost alot to get the motor rebuilt.

MTS
01-03-2005, 08:52 PM
that parts motor isnt worth fixing...................its for parts..lol

rustbucket
01-03-2005, 09:01 PM
My neighbor has a 83 200x and its tuff as barbed wire its really nice shape too his mom bought in like 85 for 800 bucks and she has only ridden it a few times. she liked the 110 better.