PDA

View Full Version : please help my 185s

dc
01-15-2003, 12:05 AM
several weeks ago my 185s died on me and when I tried to start it again it backfired and my brother saw a blue flash from the tailpipe. I also heard a high pitched ping. I think I had got the electrical system wet the day before and that might have caused timing problems. It was just a day ago that I had time to asses the problem and deal with a carb float trouble. I got it running again but the exhaust sounded horrible. Something is surely broken inside of it. I will need a new exhaust and would like your input on where to get one. Also, what is the best way to dry the electrical system. Pull the case off and use a hair dryer?

I miss riding my trike!

dc
01-17-2003, 09:40 AM
That's all right if you don't want to answer my question, guys. I'll post this at .org and get an answer from them. :evil:

Howdy
01-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Sorry I missed this question.

Using a blow dryer will work. Been there done that. lol Most likely though if it fired back up you won't need to worry about it.

As for finding a replacement exhaust. That depends on what you want to go with. www.denniskirk.com has some exhaust ( or did ), and there are many other companies that have them also. If you want to keep it quiet go with a Cobra quiet series. I don't know what is still available for these machines but I would say there has to be 3-5 different ones to choose from.
If you want OEM New try www.servicehonda.com if it's available they will be cheapest. How ever it still will be costly.
Thanks
Howdy