PDA

View Full Version : top end rebuild ,whats a good price for parts?

svo58
12-24-2004, 09:03 AM
there is a e-bay store that sells a honda 200es top end rebuild kit for $225. plus $9.50 shipping,that includes remanufactured cylinder,pistin and rings,new valves,cam chain,cam chain tensioner and guide,cam sprocket and top end gasket kit.Is that a reasonable price (i know it's not a great price but by me there is no shops to get the cylinder done,and you don't have to wait for different parts to come in,it's all in one kit)I don't know prices on this.This will be my first rebuild and i want to do it right.Does this look like a allright deal,or is the price to high?Does anybody know about the price of a top end rebuild for a honda 200.(i just don't want to get rip off)any input would be great,thanks............svo58

83185s
12-24-2004, 11:09 AM
i thnk its about right and by the way you have to send them your old cylinder..i read all about that..it doesnt sound to bad to me because if you look at a brand new cylinder for your machine from bikebandit and other oem places like that they are at least 200..a piston kit is around 80 and the top end gasket set is only about 15-20..cam chain is 10-15 and the tensioners are 20-25..the gear is about 10-15 also so your lookin around 155 for everything but the cylinder..id say its a good price

a-camp
12-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Ya so $50 for a resleeved cyl sound great