PDA

View Full Version : FlatSlide for 200x?

samster143
01-14-2003, 03:28 PM
Who put the 28mm mukuni on their 200x? I would like to do so, but would like to find out the particulars before I jump into it. Such as what intake boot to use, does it fit into stock airbox or use a clamp on filter, how about jetting? I have the usual mods: polished head, cam, 10.25:1, and a pipe. Thanks alot for any help.

Curtis-Tecate3
01-15-2003, 01:19 PM
I have a 28MM F/S on my 85 200X and it was a pain. It came as a kit that included a new intake manifold but it did not come with the airbox boot adapter that I remember many years ago. The carb doesnt clear the frame tube that runs down to the footpeg. I had to heat and "Dimple" the tube to clear the carb. This was common practice back in the 80's. I also had to bore out the rubber airbox inlet tube to fit over the mouth of the carb. A little time with a sparp knife did the trick. I am in S. Florida where there is lots of water or else I would have used an open filter. I did have to change the jetting all around for my motor. I changed the pilot jet, the main jet and even the needle jet. I dont remember what sizes as this was many years ago. I would check and see what else is on the market now and maybe something else would fit and work better out of the box.

Curtis.

mudfreak99
01-15-2003, 07:56 PM
I am the guy you were talking to, you e-mailed me a coupple times i think

samster143
01-16-2003, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the info Curtis, I am from S. Florida also but now live in the frozen tundra of Maine. They have unlimited trails to ride, however. I think I'm gonna try the 28mm. I hope It is not too tough to set up.