PDA

View Full Version : 200 Top end rebuild

Mudder F er
12-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Im thinking of rebuilding my top end (200s). I had put an XR200 top end on it but its not running right Im gonna go back to original I just need to find one on ebay. Do I need any special tools, meaning do I really need a compression tester and anything else for the timing, any tips would really help me out. Thanks :beer

bigredhead
12-22-2004, 12:37 PM
A torque wrench maybe. !!

bigredhead
12-22-2004, 12:38 PM
oh.. and a manual helps alot !!! ( had to say that.. sorry !!! :p LOL...)

short4stuff
12-22-2004, 12:43 PM
A torque wrench maybe. !!

duh whats that .. hehe .... I also go tight as I can get it method lol, or as my co-op teacher told me, the torque spec of that bolt is three pic a pucks with the impact :eek: :p :D

Mudder F er
12-22-2004, 01:06 PM
Thanks I have a manual it always helps :wondering and pick a pucks not sure about that :confused: thanks any other help will be appreciated.

short4stuff
12-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Thanks I have a manual it always helps :wondering and pick a pucks not sure about that :confused: thanks any other help will be appreciated.

Ha umm its jsut a noise the impact makes, when the bolt gets tight.

MTS
12-22-2004, 03:12 PM
as long as you have the basic tools feeler guage, screwdrivers,allen keys,wernches ect ect ect...make sure everything is sparkling clean, like i mean clean enough to eat of the things, lots of oil on the rings when you put them in the cylinder, befor you put the top of the motor on thorw some oil on the cam, cam chain, and stuff up ther just to insure its lubed up befor you start it, then befor you go to start it take the plug out and crank it over a bunch of times to get the oil flowing to the head, then put the plug in fire er up and away you go :)

Mudder F er
12-23-2004, 10:04 AM
Thanks I appreciate the help. :beer