PDA

View Full Version : FNG with Kawasaki KLT 110 ?'s

krue
12-14-2004, 10:57 AM
I got a KLT 110 in a swap and the engine grenaded on me. I pretty much need everything but the gears (will post pics of the carnage later). I think I may have found an engine in pieces in PA.
Is this thing worth trying to put back together?
What are the chances of finding an engine in one piece?
If I get the engine in pieces how hard will it be to find a rebuild kit for it?

Thanks in advance, Krue

Lomax
12-14-2004, 11:12 AM
I looked through one of my parts books that I had laying handy and I dont show a piston for it in either shindey, wiesco, or pro-x. I do still show a cam chain, valve sets, and gasket kits. there is no telling if theya re still avalible unless I call. By looking at that I dont think that It would be to much trouble, you would just have to check with kawasaki to see if you can still get parts for it.

thefox
12-14-2004, 02:05 PM
The KLT 110 is a good maching, I have one that I am putting back together now. Like most atv's there isn't a complete rebuild kit avalable but you can find all the parts that you need seperatly without much of a problem. You can still get new parts from kawasaki.

For a whole engine you can keep an eye out on ebay, there is one up every other week it seems. You can also PM Howdy, he had one last year when I was looking for one.

I am going to try and use a Kawasaki Mojave 110 (quad) engine in mine. When I bought mine the guy I got it from swaped the KLT engine into the Mojave after the Mojave trans. went. I bought a trans. for the Mojave and am now going to try to put it in the KLT. The Mojave has electric sart :D !

ClayW
12-14-2004, 04:23 PM
I know where a complete KLT 110 is. I think that he will take $100 or less for it. Its been painted numerous times but its all there. The chain broke once and took a piec out of the case near the front sprocket. Thats the only problem I know of. It doesnt look pretty but its all there and not going anywhere. Its in Dallas, GA. Just west of Atlanta.

Clay

krue
12-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Clay, can you find out for sure. I have a brother who lives in Cordele, GA. Maybe I could get him to pick it up for me.

ClayW
12-14-2004, 11:08 PM
I checked it out pretty close about 3 months ago. I almost bought it. I didnt buy it because I dont know anything about them. Hondas are a different story. Im sure its still there. I will ask my friend (Tim) that is real good friends with this guy to find out if he still has it, and how much he wants for it. Tim, may have to buy it, but I can get it and bring it to my house or what ever you would want to do. I just know that if Tim buys it, it will be much cheaper. Tim will be back in town this weekend, and I will get him to call the guy and get the scoop. Maybe we can snag it for you. :beer I dont mind helping out.

krue
12-15-2004, 01:40 AM
Thanks, the only thing wrong with the one I have is the engine, the frame and fenders look pretty good.

krue
12-17-2004, 11:58 AM
To the top

ClayW
12-17-2004, 12:49 PM
Buddy is suppose to be checking on it for me

krue
12-17-2004, 06:36 PM
Thanks, I really appreciate it.

gokartracr
03-19-2007, 03:07 PM
r u still wanting a motor?