PDA

View Full Version : What parts should i use for my 83 R?....

trikezilla
12-12-2004, 02:28 PM
i am thinking about getting reeds and a jet kit. i ride it about average...if there i such a thing

anyways i was wondering what you ladies think would be the best brand(s) and WHY

BigGreenMachine
12-12-2004, 03:18 PM
The Boyseen rad valve for an 85 250R will fit and give you more airflow, use an 85 carb along with that. Get a UNI airfilter and rejet accordingly. What kind of conditions do you ride in? Bone dry trails or sometimes sloppy wet trails?

trikezilla
12-13-2004, 08:25 PM
usually mild, nice 70ish degree days. i dont wanna get into switchin out carbs though. I do however on occasion ride when its wet and muddy

RideRed250R
12-13-2004, 09:33 PM
dont use the 85 carb swap it fits yes but the carb jets like air to fuel ratio and idle jets are blocked by the shock ressy. also just jet trailprotrailpro carb and go with the V-forve delta 2 reed cage and reeds they are wat most hi-performance racers use. the RAD valve is good but when i was told that my Rad valve was bassically a stock modified reed cage with carbin fiber reeds i was alittle shocked but then i also when u look at the v force its totally different then the rad valve.
my 2 cents
adam