PDA

View Full Version : Custom 350x on its way

BigTBones
12-11-2004, 04:11 AM
I just started to strip my bike down for a paint job. The colors im going for are black and white! I bought all new white maier fenders and tank scoops, new grips, bars, bar pad, seat cover. On the way are ( as soon as I sell the 200s's, Anyone interested??) 22x11x8 8 paddle haulers, smooth buff up front.

Got a question though??? Should i powdercoat or a nice spray paint??

atcmatt
12-11-2004, 06:40 AM
If your talking about the swingarm and frame, I would suggest powdercoat if you have the money to do so. It is a tougher longer lasting finish that looks good at the same time.

Spray painting is also good (cheaper and looks awesome) but powdercoat is just that little bit better and you will be glad you did it in the long run.

Smaller stuff is best of being painted with a rattle can or a compressor spray setup.

Matt

ClayW
12-11-2004, 10:55 AM
I painted my swingarm with duplicolor wheel paint ( silver ) and then after it cured good, I clear coated it with PPG automotive clear coat. Thats a very hard/tough finish. Has held up great. :beer

Maine_Triker
12-11-2004, 12:53 PM
Powdercoat it if you can afford it.

It will look better and last longer.

Were you going for something like this?

350x'inNY
12-11-2004, 03:07 PM
I just started to strip my bike down for a paint job. The colors im going for are black and white! I bought all new white maier fenders and tank scoops, new grips, bars, bar pad, seat cover. On the way are ( as soon as I sell the 200s's, Anyone interested??) 22x11x8 8 paddle haulers, smooth buff up front.

Got a question though??? Should i powdercoat or a nice spray paint??

Must be black seat, grips and etc....

Maine... where'd you get such an awesome scan of the '87' 350X? Could you email me a copy of it before you "painted" it black??

atc350X250r@earthlink.net

Bruce

Maine_Triker
12-11-2004, 03:18 PM
That pic is just a croped image from the 87 ATC broshure.