PDA

View Full Version : 110 choke question

hondaATCman
12-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Hey, I have a little question about my 110 choke. When its cold outside and I use the choke to start it up, it starts first pull but won't idle at all. I mean as soon as you let off the throttle it just dies, and then you have to take the choke off to re-start it. After a few minutes of warming up, it runs and idles perfectly. I was just wondering if this is normal...like is the choke designed just to help start it and then you are supposed to give some throttle until its warm, or is it supposed to stay running when choke is on?

TimSr
12-10-2004, 01:39 PM
I dont know the 100 specifically, but if your choke can be varried instead of clicking open or closed, close it all the way, and then crack it open a little bit and it should solve your problem. Each machine has its own charcteristsics as to exactly where it like's the choke to be for a certain temperature. The choke is a bandaid to change carburation charateristics until the chamber is at operating temp. Cold chambers cant burn fuel very well. They burn a lot more, and a lot faster when they are hot. Most machines wont run with the choke on after they are warm up.

TrikerR
12-10-2004, 10:36 PM
yes, you put the choke on then start it and then with the 110 you can pretty muchly just take the choke off straightaway.