PDA

View Full Version : 200s auto clutch slipping; what to replace?

Studytime II
12-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Guys (and girls?);

The clutch on my 200s is slipping badly. What usually goes out? Is it the clutch discs or is it the brake-shoe looking pieces?

Thanks if you can help.

MTS
12-08-2004, 02:50 PM
its more than likely the disks, have you tryed adjusting the nut for the slip in the clutch?

Studytime II
12-08-2004, 02:55 PM
No, I haven't tried it yet. I think when I pop off that cover, the gasket is shot right? Or is a reusable gasket?

I'll have to get the repair manuel out this weekend and check her out.

Usually, is it just the discs? I mean, I still plan to check, just curious.

Thanks

BIGCRIP28
12-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Just try to adjust it first. Loosen the lock nut and turn the middle adjuster 1 round clockwise. Slowly unscrew the middle adjuster until you feel resistence and screw it in clockwise 1/8 round. Then lock the nut back down.
If that dont help take the side case off and check the centrifucal shoes. I would change both while you in there cuz the friction discs for the main clutch aint much.

83185s
12-08-2004, 05:19 PM
uh mine on my 185 does it too..ever since i started having to push start it or pull with a car it slips alot...how would you adjust that nut?? also it comes out of gear or sumthing when i push it ...i can get goin then hit the gas and it will fire then come out of gear then i have to turn the flywheel to get it to go back in and hope it works the next time