PDA

View Full Version : Forums are great when you get to meet others!

ScottZJ
12-07-2004, 11:59 PM
Well I just got back from San Diego Caily on business(week after thanksgiving). I was able to meet up with Mike (mymint87). He was the only one willing to meet up with me...too bad too cuz I had the company credit card! haha Well he decided to pick me up at the Town and Country Resort(where I was staying) and we were off to God knows where. Here I am with this big long haired stranger in a beat up nissan truck going somewhere...hehehe Well he took me to show off his babies. Well he had a super nice mint 87 200x that was just tooo cherry and along with that was a super sweet 86 350x. But he waited til last to show me the prize. He has a super fine nickleson 500 turbo in super nice shape.
He got it out and fired her up, she was prrring like a kitten. After a few laps up and down his yard, he asked me that question. Would you ever let others ride your trikes? I said hmm well I would have to know they have trikes they own and they have a passion for them, that way they would take care of it. I guess that was the correct answer as he said here: gave me the throttle and said take the 500 for a ride. DUDE! I was in heaven. No its not the fastest trike I have ever ridden but just to be able to ride something that was created in the 80's for racers was just way too cool. It didnt handle that great but it would out slide most trikes I have ever ridden. Once I figured out the power, it unleashed something I havent felt before on a 4 stroker. :w00t:
Well anyway, as my head swelled down I came back to earth and he gave me the ride back. This dude took me to his place just to let me ride it and then took me back to the room. Now that is just plain love of a sport. Anyway I think its great when you can meet others from the boards and put faces with screen name. Thanks a million Mike and be on a look out for me in other parts of the US cuz I have just about a trip a month next year.............peace

Special thanks to you Mike! :beer

Here is me pympin on the nickleson 500, oh and notice the sandals! haha thats why I didnt get on it that much
http://www.fototime.com/{0326300C-B92A-4319-957D-FA1CAD21E53C}/picture.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/{C1EB2CC4-98FC-4748-A59D-1EE2A92FD428}/picture.JPG

TrikerR
12-08-2004, 12:06 AM
really cool to hear. and why are those forks so wide...theres like 3 inches either side of the wheel.

BLAZERONE22
12-09-2004, 12:48 AM
Thats cool!!! I'd like to drop by and ride the 500.