PDA

View Full Version : HA HA Check out the new oem 350x parts on ebay

YTZ250#1
12-06-2004, 08:34 AM
this guy is smoking some good stuff.air scoops for $120,kill switch for $123 and change,and hand grips for $35,my favorite is the tires for BIN $600.

TTribaLL
12-06-2004, 08:59 AM
:eek:

Yes he was smoking something.

MO350X
12-06-2004, 09:15 AM
What a goof.

I checked BikeBandit.com's microfiche and it shows:
Tank Guards: $30 each
Hand Grips: $7 each
Handlebar Switch: $70
And the tires?
Come on.....I bet you'd be hard-pressed to spend $65/ea. on those if you walked into your local dealer!!!!
Much less a discount parts house. :rolleyes:
$1500 for new engines? That's where they're HEADED, price-wise. But it's a little early to be trying to pawn them off for that much, don't you think?

I e-mailed the dude and politely introduced the above website and information.
Maybe he'll come to his senses? Nah, I doubt it. :p :rolleyes:

He thinks he has his "retirement fund" stashed away in that "climate controlled building", doesn't he? he he he :rolleyes: :D

Maine_Triker
12-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Oh well, at least we know where to get parts at half-decent prices.

350x'inNY
12-06-2004, 05:42 PM
You can get those parts for like 15-20% cheaper than Bikebandit/Dealer at www.servicehonda.com. I bought OEM replacement tires for my X for like $50 a piece.

Bruce

HRC1
12-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Once i realized the tank shrouds were selling for that mutch i ordered a test set from service honda to see if i would get them, when i did, i ordered 3 more sets. And i got a message that one side has been put on back order. I cant remember witch, but i wasnt happy to say the least. I then called customer service at honda to see if they had plans to repo any more, she said probably, but when i asked why they would after every other plastic part on the bike was already discontinued, she got snotty with me, saying it was probably replaced with a updated part etc, and she didnt like it when i reminded her it was for a atc that was almost 20 yrs old. As far as i know, unless for some verry stupid reason honda feels a need to mold more or the one side. it is more than likley discontinued.

MO350X
12-06-2004, 06:38 PM
You can get those parts for like 15-20% cheaper than Bikebandit/Dealer at www.servicehonda.com. I bought OEM replacement tires for my X for like $50 a piece.

Bruce

That's why I use their site so much for parts reference.
Whereas, Service Honda is more late-model when it comes to their online microfiches.

AND....my brother has ordered parts for his 450R from www.worldofpowersports.com with GREAT success!!

Maine_Triker
12-06-2004, 10:32 PM
I cant believe he wants 1500 for his motors, you can get a whole trike for that price. :rolleyes:

350x'inNY
12-06-2004, 10:49 PM
That's why I use their site so much for parts reference.
Whereas, Service Honda is more late-model when it comes to their online microfiches.

AND....my brother has ordered parts for his 450R from www.worldofpowersports.com with GREAT success!!

MO...I was lucky enough to have someone send me a 350X parts manual and 85-86 R parts manuals on CD. I passed some copies on to people at TF04 and HondaATC has loaded the 350X one on the site here for download.... go download it and search, print, and scroll at the comforts of your own home! Gives the actual Honda Part numbers.... I then put them into ServiceHonda's site.

I've had great service from ServiceHonda..... they credited my account as soon as they found them discontinued. I've bought tons-o-parts from them.... good peoples!

Bruce

YTZ250#1
12-07-2004, 10:48 PM
I emailed him and told him that most of them parts are still available,and he would most likly not get his prices.he emailed back "very true but worth a try"

Dammit!
12-07-2004, 11:02 PM
There's a sucker born every minute. If he can get that much for them, more power to him.

MO350X
12-07-2004, 11:22 PM
There's a sucker born every minute. If he can get that much for them, more power to him.

I e-mailed him, too.
He responded the same way.
He's a shrewd businessman.

There's a herd of numbnuts on Ebay every second who get caught up in "the game" and bid like they've lost all common sense.
That's who he's looking for....and will likely find! ha ha ha