PDA

View Full Version : Went snow drift bustin' today

crackshot
12-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Snowed a little up here and my son and I found a few deep drifts.
Was a balmy 10 degrees out so we decided to have some fun!
Took some pics to share. Kid had a lot of fun!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/zamphir/montana/tylerwheelin2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/zamphir/montana/tylerwheelin4.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/zamphir/montana/tylerwheelin5.jpg

Maine_Triker
12-04-2004, 09:44 PM
Sweet, snow is one of the funnest surfaces to drive on.

Tri-ZNate
12-04-2004, 11:27 PM
Awesome, there is nothing like snow to play on. I cant wait till we get snow in PA.

Studytime
12-05-2004, 12:13 AM
Looks like you were too late!

Are those deer tracks in the foreground?

Studytime

[Edit: they may be dog tracks... I dunno]

TTribaLL
12-05-2004, 06:15 AM
Yeah, it snowed here to. Time to take out the Ski-doo :beer

crackshot
12-05-2004, 08:53 AM
Looks like you were too late!

Are those deer tracks in the foreground?

Studytime

[Edit: they may be dog tracks... I dunno]

We have a lot of foxes and coyotes. I try to always pack my .38 when riding around because you never know whos tracks you might cross!
Few weeks ago a coyote jumped out of the bushes in front of me and took off.
I tries to run him down on my 185 but he out ran me and was going full bore.
Did not have my pistol on me that time.
Yeah snow Is pretty fun to play in. Really lets you rap out the trikes and clean out the cobwebs in them!
It was my sons first time riding in the snow and you can see the frown on his face!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/zamphir/montana/tylerwheelin1.jpg

vartiak15
12-05-2004, 09:20 AM
"Yeah, it snowed here to. Time to take out the Ski-doo "

what kind of ski doo u got TTribaLL?

TTribaLL
12-05-2004, 09:24 AM
We have a lot of foxes and coyotes. I try to always pack my .38 when riding around because you never know whos tracks you might cross!
Few weeks ago a coyote jumped out of the bushes in front of me and took off.
I tries to run him down on my 185 but he out ran me and was going full bore.
Did not have my pistol on me that time.
Yeah snow Is pretty fun to play in. Really lets you rap out the trikes and clean out the cobwebs in them!
It was my sons first time riding in the snow and you can see the frown on his face!

Your scared of a little coyote?

:roffles:

Why do you need to pack heat when any animal you cross will just run away from your machine?

Everytime I take the Ski-Doo out, I allways cross at least one animal...even if its a big *** bull moose, they just run. I'm also sure that if you crossed tracks with a bear/cougar it would just run to.

If not, your machine isn't big/loud enough. I'm also sure that a large animal wouldn't try to go against a loud/big/smelly machine like a Ski-doo or 250r(I don't know about your 185 though).

crackshot
12-05-2004, 09:43 AM
I pack heat because I live on a farm and other farms around have sheep, cows and horses, The foxes I leave alone because they eat the mice but would not hesitate to blast a coyote. They have been causing havoc this year.
I caught a coyote killing the barn cats that we have for mouse control. Killed 4 cats this year so far.
They are a predator animal and hunting season is all year on coyotes.
They travel in packs and can be a nuisance.
Coyotes cause loss of livestock which in terms loss of money.
They are lucky thats all I pack and don't make me whip out my AK.

TTribaLL
12-05-2004, 09:54 AM
:roffleshiswoffles:

Coyote's have nothing against cows and horses.

Hell, I could take out a pack of coyotes with my bare hands. Just because they walk around your house at night doesn't mean they are a nuisance. My uncle has a sheep farm, and there are coyotes all over the place.

They have NEVER lost a single sheep.

Plus, I believe guns are cheap. Think about it, the thing you are killing has no way of protecting itself and no way of fighting back. If I ever went coyote hunting I would carry a knife, not a gun.

crackshot
12-05-2004, 10:26 AM
Ok. Fair enough if that is your choice.
My second amendment right says I can bear arms.
I stay within the guidelines when hunting and pay my taxes, permits, tags etc.
I hunt deer, elk, ducks and geese every year too and they are also unarmed.
Going to be hard to throw my knife in the air to kill a canadian goose.
Crow season is all year too. No limit such as coyotes and doing the state a favor by thinning them out before they become a problem.

TTribaLL
12-05-2004, 10:34 AM
Its unfair/cheap, but if I was given a gun to kill something I would.
:D

Is anything in this world fair?

NO! So yeah, I don't have to be fair either...even if I know its unfair.

Anyways, back to the topic :p

ClayW
12-05-2004, 10:38 AM
I have seen coyotees do plenty of damage on local farm life. Especially the ones that bred with dogs. Dont kid your self. They are meat eaters, and will eat whatever kinda of meat they can run across. Animals on farms are usually easy prey. Put a slug in them. :D

crackshot
12-05-2004, 10:38 AM
It's cool man. No hard feelings. I don't mind you expressing your opinion and that is your right.
For the record, I have not shot the coyote yet. He is long gone and do not shoot animals that will not feed my family or myself. Coyote would taste nasty!

MTS
12-05-2004, 04:23 PM
i all ways run across deer/moose around my place, i almost trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro my self the other night becuse i came rippin around a corner and there was a HUGE bull moose right there, he didnt move to fast niether lol, we shoot gophers,crows,MAGPIES are evil there are hardly any left around the farm i live on, and the pidgeons when they get to plentyfull lol :), but on topic yes snow is fun to ride in :D theres snow hear, but im not at home atm :( so i cant go rideing.....also i need some new tires too...lol

paulsm
12-05-2004, 08:15 PM
What a different way of life between the UK and US when we go out the only thing we pack is a mobile phone and some cans of drink for the kids , whereas you guys carry weapons.

ClayW
12-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Ah yes. The wonderful USA, where you can legally pack heat if you like. Im most states atleast. You never know when you might need it. I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. :D I plan on getting my liscense to pack my pistol on person anywhere soon.

AirManCam
12-05-2004, 09:09 PM

Coyote's have nothing against cows and horses.

Hell, I could take out a pack of coyotes with my bare hands. Just because they walk around your house at night doesn't mean they are a nuisance. My uncle has a sheep farm, and there are coyotes all over the place.

They have NEVER lost a single sheep.

Plus, I believe guns are cheap. Think about it, the thing you are killing has no way of protecting itself and no way of fighting back. If I ever went coyote hunting I would carry a knife, not a gun.
I would LOVE to see you kill a coyote with a knife, or even a whitetailed buck running 40 milesperhour at/away from you leaping 25 feet at a time with a knife. Once you are able to do this, I will respect what you said.

Looks like you guys had fun! I took the 350x out and did some nice donuts on the couple inces of snow we have. I can't wait till the lakes freeze over and take it out ice fishing :w00t:

crackshot
12-05-2004, 11:09 PM
well my state is an open carry state so if I feel like going into walmart with a pistol, no quetions asked. In fact, most of the stores just ask that firearms be unloaded upon entering as posted by the signs on the doors.
Yes, rarely that I do use my pistol, but there when needed.
As for my son, he crashed his trike into a flatbed trailer today.
He was hot doggin' and realized he could not stop fast enough.
He is ok but dented the tank, broke the brake lever, bent the handlebars, crunched up rear fenders, and wasted the headlight. Any of you guys have any spare 110 parts for sale, PM me and would be appreciated.
ARGH...KIDS!

OldSchoolin86
12-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Hell, I could take out a pack of coyotes with my bare hands. Thanks for the biggest luagh I've had in years!

crackshot
12-05-2004, 11:55 PM
i all ways run across deer/moose around my place, i almost trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro my self the other night becuse i came rippin around a corner and there was a HUGE bull moose right there, he didnt move to fast niether lol, we shoot gophers,crows,MAGPIES are evil there are hardly any left around the farm i live on, and the pidgeons when they get to plentyfull lol :), but on topic yes snow is fun to ride in :D theres snow hear, but im not at home atm :( so i cant go rideing.....also i need some new tires too...lol

magpies ****. they are another that big 12 takes out on a regular basis.

Studytime
12-06-2004, 12:04 AM

I could take out a pack of coyotes with my bare hands.

Yeah, I think you have the roles reversed. They won't even use their hands.

Studytime