PDA

View Full Version : $$ adds up quick WTF!!?

Trikeaholic
12-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Well, you guys that have seen my 83 250R-its nice! and it is pretty close to mint as I can make it, right? Well, I only have about $1200 into it. Now, I was looking at egay and I see steves Trii-Z on there for $1450, and so just out of curiosity I added up the loot I have spent on my 86 Tri-Z project so far, and its just a frame, and motor basically (well a new motor top to bottom) I still need alot of parts and i have around $1500 into it! Arrrrrrggghhh. I hope I at least go to heavan for rescuing this poor Z. Mabey I should buy steves, build one and part the rest???? Hey Steve, I hate to do it to ya, but would you take a grand?? :naughty:

ClayW
12-01-2004, 10:36 PM
I wouldnt worry about the money. At least this way you know what you have under your butt. Dont have to worry about anything.

mike from long island
12-01-2004, 11:08 PM
you dont even want to know what i have into my Z. i just bought another $250 on more upgrades. plus i sold you all those parts for less then it cost me to have that swingarm powdercoated. quit your crying and just finish it!!!!

350x'inNY
12-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Yeah Holic.... **** it up cupcake! ... thanks to you I've got a shop full of Yamaha stuff cause I rescued that YTM200ERN from you.... I probably have the same amount of money tied up in that stuff, but I got about 3 trikes to assemble from those parts. :naughty:

About now, I'd rather have a clean shop with my Trike-festa of HONDAs~!

So we on for trikefest with the new scud or what? :w00t:

Bruce :TrikesOwn

Trikeaholic
12-02-2004, 08:22 AM
trikefest is a go as usual! All we need is a trailer, as usual! I think the lil holic is coming this time too, but..............

mywifeknowseverything
12-02-2004, 09:30 AM
I dont feel for you one bit...Ive been working on my Z on and off now for almost two yrs....Over 3 Grand and it still doesnt roll.... :rolleyes: I started with just a frame and found all the parts...It cost MONEY that way!!! Anyway,,,Im almost there....The unvailing will be toward the Spring of 05.... :D :TrikesOwn

Howdy
12-02-2004, 10:35 AM
Holic, I won't say what I just bought, but I will say I am with you on cost. Is it worth it? Some times I wonder if it is. But all that goes away when you look at your Nicely completed machine and say "Ohhhh, Myyyy". At that point the money isn't a issue. lol
Howdy

P.S. I hope I have my Restoration Project done for TF05.

Yamahammer490
12-02-2004, 10:54 AM
Yes, hobby expenses do add up quickly. My wife often reminds me that new quads come with warranties so all the stuff I break would be fixed for free. :D

Bill X_R
12-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Holic...you got to be the most cry baby motha' effer' I know...Just wait till 05' fest. Think I'll put you over my knee and get the "spankin hand" out! :D

Jeb
12-02-2004, 01:22 PM
Home-town found, mechanically sound, great running '85 Tri-Z 250 with aftermarket goodies... $1200.00
NOS WestCoast Racing +2" SwingArm... $90
2 18x11-8 Turf Tamer Tires... $80
NOS UFO Screen Number Plate & Number... $20.00

Riding trails and knowing you can sell it for $1500.00 and make a little money while thinking about Holic being $1500.00 into a non-running project a year newer...

PRICELESS!

Sorry Holic! Couldn't resist!! :beer

hondatrikesrule22
12-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Home-town found, mechanically sound, great running '85 Tri-Z 250 with aftermarket goodies... $1200.00
NOS WestCoast Racing +2" SwingArm... $90
2 18x11-8 Turf Tamer Tires... $80
NOS UFO Screen Number Plate & Number... $20.00

Riding trails and knowing you can sell it for $1500.00 and make a little money while thinking about Holic being $1500.00 into a non-running project a year newer...

PRICELESS!

Sorry Holic! Couldn't resist!! :beer

:D LMAO!

Trikeaholic,how far along are you on this project? I was going to ask to see where your at.

TRIZTUNES
12-02-2004, 05:10 PM
HEY HOLIC,

WHAT PARTS DO YOU NEED?

if you pay shipping you can have some!!!!!

let know what you need i have a lot of extra parts ,i need the space.

i have been buying tri-z parts for over a year i would buy one part and a nicer one would come up the next week.

i have all kinds of plastic,any color.engine parts new and used you name it i have it.

TRIZTUNES!!!!!!!!!!

Trikeaholic
12-02-2004, 05:38 PM
HA! I knew this would be a fun post. It is shocking though. But, latley I've just been trying to save up money. Remember, I bought my new scud, and a Yamaha XT350 this summer, not to mention the new kitchen floor, and entirely new bathroom for momma.

The Z is almost to roller stage. I think I need an Axle, (mines junk) a carb (mine condition unknown-missing parts too!) I would love some white OEM plastic (mines not nice) I really need to get into the project again before I can really say what I still need.
I think my flywheel (magnetic one) and stator are no good, but have not tested them yet, either. Sprockets, chain, and associated MINT mounting brackets would be nice also!
OOH, and a gold series DG pipe for under $100 would be swell, of course, it would have to have a silencer included! LOL

Tunes, I will certainly come calling when I do take an inventory. THANKS!

TRIZTUNES
12-02-2004, 07:55 PM
HEY!

I CAN HELP YOU WITH STATOR AND FLYWHEEL.

REAR FENDERS NOT A PROBLEM.
A SET OF RED SHROUDS.
A AIRBOX LID RED.
have carb needs choke still available from yamaha.
a aftermarket headlight guard.

do not have a white front fender.

maybe a headlight?

TRIZTUNES!!!!!!!!!!

83185s
12-02-2004, 08:10 PM
geez..u guys are smart azzes..lol..but i thought that was all pretty funny..speakin of parts for trieks to only pay shipping..anybody got any honda 185 parts layin around?? lol

Trikeaholic
12-02-2004, 08:21 PM
tunes, I got the red plastic down, a real nice headlight shell with lights and all the decals on it too. Im gonna get back into this project come the snow (since I had to sell my sled!-have nothing to do all winter!!!!!!)

I hope it runs, new crank bearings, rod and piston, clutch, etc.

I just had to buy OEM tires for my boys Zinger and they were $45 each! Hope I didnt get ripped, but I bet I did! Anyway, I went to the worst bike shop in town, only cause my buddy is a mechanic there but the owner is a complete .******* I used to try to send him business just so I could get a good deal on a new ATK 605DS, but now they dont make them anymore....................

MTS
12-02-2004, 08:24 PM
MAN dont scare me away lol, im prolly gettin an 84 R from the junkers this weekend, that needs most everything re-done...lol im glad im just a kid and i my parents pay for most of it....lol

TRIZTUNES
12-02-2004, 08:27 PM
HEY
THIS IS TOTAL ON THE UP AND UP.
THIS NOT ONE OF TRIKEHOLIC SCAMS.

which i was not in on the first one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he made that all up.

if you read one of my other post you will see i said i lived in pa.
he said i lived somewhere else.

i did nothing to you people.
i'm the victum here: you ran my autions up to see how much i would pay,
badded mouth me!!!!!!!!!
you called me all kinds of names!!!!!!!!

AND YOU PEOPLE HATE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRIZTUNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:w00t:

83185s
12-02-2004, 09:15 PM
lol triz trailprotrailpro dumb..jk

mywifeknowseverything
12-02-2004, 09:22 PM
HEY
THIS IS TOTAL ON THE UP AND UP.
THIS NOT ONE OF TRIKEHOLIC SCAMS.

which i was not in on the first one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he made that all up.

if you read one of my other post you will see i said i lived in pa.
he said i lived somewhere else.

i did nothing to you people.
i'm the victum here: you ran my autions up to see how much i would pay,
badded mouth me!!!!!!!!!
you called me all kinds of names!!!!!!!!

AND YOU PEOPLE HATE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRIZTUNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:w00t:

What the Hell just happend here :wondering :( :confused:

trikerider2oo7
12-02-2004, 09:53 PM
hmmm...i think he went crazy and needs to get some help lol

atckowalski
12-02-2004, 10:21 PM
And I was going to call him Santa Claus. :cool:

350x'inNY
12-02-2004, 10:51 PM
TRIZTUNES.... don't be a hater.... we LOVe anyone who has a passion for trikes like us!

You ought to make a roadtrip up to NY to check out us NY Trikers.... (me, Holic, MR ATC, Freaksfix, mikeinlongisland, airmancam, 200Xman...etc)

Bruce

Trikeaholic
12-02-2004, 11:07 PM
kid rock went WACK.

LOLOLOL

I think he is kidding around, but what the heck do I know?!

200xkwit
12-02-2004, 11:19 PM
everyone always skips the quite ones im in Rochester NY too damzit lol

Trikeaholic
12-02-2004, 11:23 PM
Tunes, where in PA are you? Im really close to Athens/Sayre. Close to Scranton, too.

PS I really liked your first CD, not too big on that thing you did with Cheryl Crow, though.

LOF'NL

350x'inNY
12-02-2004, 11:48 PM
Sorry 200Xkwit... I'm still waiting for you to venture down and ride! And Holic, its Sheryl Crow... :rolleyes:

We better start looking for a nice trailer now.... cause I wanna bring the R and the Showgirl! The 350X I ran all Trikefest with the no oil to the head is staying home this year! The "banned and nameless" one was nice enough to put a crate motor cam and a new rocker/head in it, so maybe I'll invite him to ride one of my trikes too! He's helped me get my R up to speed too!

Bruce

BigGreenMachine
12-03-2004, 12:11 AM
Whats he flipping about?

twgranger
12-03-2004, 03:29 AM
Tunes, where in PA are you? Im really close to Athens/Sayre. Close to Scranton, too.

PS I really liked your first CD, not too big on that thing you did with Cheryl Crow, though.

LOF'NL
What??? :wondering

Dammit!
12-03-2004, 03:55 AM
What??? :wondering

Ditto.

I think this thread just broke my brain. :wondering

mywifeknowseverything
12-03-2004, 08:11 AM
Holic has this notion that Tunes is part of a Rock Band or something...Ive talked to Tunes before in several emails over the past yr. or so and he says he has no ties to a band and never has...I beleive him... :beer

Trikeaholic
12-03-2004, 09:13 AM
let me 'splain. Back when, alot of people were publicly wondering who "tunes" was. there was speculation that he was an '80's rocker. About that same time I saw a VH1 show about Kid Rock, and he mentioned he rode "3 wheelers" in it. I decided to have some fun with this and posted that I knew Kid Rock and(and he was the infamous "triztunes") met him while working my security job at one of his shows. It was a good gag but some real fuddy-duddys immediatley tried to ruin it. It was fun watching the posts from the newbies and the teenyboppers for a few days though. so, you see it was a joke, prank or lie-which ever way you want to put it. I would call it a prank.. ;)

mywifeknowseverything
12-03-2004, 09:41 AM
:w00t: :Bounce :D

BigGreenMachine
12-03-2004, 05:27 PM
I still don't understand why he flipped out, he offered free parts and Holic acepted.

YAMAHA_Jim
12-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Trikeaholic had me goin for awhile too,,thinkin that tunes was kidrock.
TriZ tunes: Dont hate us,,saddle up and go riding with us sometime and you'll see that were just a bunch of ole trikers having a good time.

YTZ250#1
12-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Holic,The reserve price is $1,200,but that won't get ya the extras that I have.$1,450 takes it all.Sorry but that is as low as I can go with out feeling like I got the shaft broke off in my a**.

Trikeaholic
12-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Holic,The reserve price is $1,200,but that won't get ya the extras that I have.$1,450 takes it all.Sorry but that is as low as I can go with out feeling like I got the shaft broke off in my a**.

I know the feelin, bro, I know the feelin. I am so FRUSTRATED with these trikes right now, you couldn't even imagine! I almost took a BFH to that Z today.

I need a new hobby.............................. :confused:

thefox
12-04-2004, 08:30 PM
I know the feelin, bro, I know the feelin. I am so FRUSTRATED with these trikes right now, you couldn't even imagine! I almost took a BFH to that Z today.

I need a new hobby.............................. :confused:

lol, I know the feeling man! Except I have always had to restrain from trying to jam a screwdriver in the tank. Its days like that where you just need to get out of the garage and go for a ride.