PDA

View Full Version : Opinions: Handle bars...what brand and bend and why?

KAHUNA@LSU
01-11-2003, 04:03 PM
Only aftermarket bars I ever owned were be Moose I believe and the bend was CR low. They werent the strongest (compared to stock) but I liked the feel of the bend ok.

Joel85350X
01-12-2003, 02:29 AM
I don't know the brand I have, but they are about a 2 inch rise, and sweep very slightly, almost straight. (on my 350X)

Why: I have found that the straughter bars keep my arms and body up and alert for anything to happen. You simply cannot slouch and ride, the bars force you to be more attentive to what you are doing due to the aggressive stance that you body holds.

My $0.02.

ATCRYDER
01-12-2003, 12:09 PM
Ive Run Moose Bars (Higher Bend), Stock TRX250R Bars and am running MOOSE (400EX Bend) bars currently.

The 400EX ones are by far the best bend, and theyre much stronger than the stock bars (not to mention theyve got a crossbar). I bent the 1st moose bars when a friend hit me on his KX. I repainted and sold the TRX R ones becuase they were too high an dhad no crossbar. Ill be running the 400EX Bend bars on my 250R as well.

The Truth is all handlbars are the same, aftermarket. The onyl differances are bend and material used. Steel bars are obviously heavier thna aluminum bars....but they will be stronger. Its all upto what youw anna look for. Moose are obviously the cheapest and best bang4buck.

Rob

Lots_Of_Nothing
01-12-2003, 02:12 PM
right now, on my 84 250R, i have FMF Factory 909 handlebars, the bend is CR HI, i got them for $71 from dennis kirk

Mike Fort Laud
01-12-2003, 10:58 PM
On my '85 250R I have Blue Anodized Renthal CR Low bend bars. Renthal only makes a couple different applications in blue.