PDA

View Full Version : 200x motor sand blasting

brandosfiero
11-28-2004, 11:37 PM
ok i have my 200x motor all apart and bolted the cases back together.can someone tell me average prices for someone to sandblast or beadblast my motor.

Louis Mielke
11-28-2004, 11:49 PM
Hi. I have access to a bead blasting cabinet. Uses alluminum oxid too, the good stuff. What peices of your engine to you want blasted? I'll tell you it takes alot of work to do that kinda thing and you have to start with perfectly clean engine cases. No grease/oil. Le tme know exactly what you want and I maybe able to do it for almost nothing if you don't mind it taking a month.

brandosfiero
11-28-2004, 11:59 PM
i wanted to get the hole thing done so i could repaint itdont really want to paint over the old paint.

Louis Mielke
11-29-2004, 12:12 AM
Well I guess I need to be a little more clear. Doing the engine cases is hunky dory, but the head is much more difficult. Do you intend to do just the cases or the jug and head too? I'll tell you now I don't know if you'll be happy with repainting the cases. Paint will chip off very easily. I did this before with my 500R project and was unhapppy with the results so I had to strip the cases again and then had them powder coated. Powder coating is much more expensive but honestly I don't think you'll be very satisified with the paint results. If you're set on painting the cases, I would suggest cleaning the engine super well and then just laying some paint over the rough spots on the engine. Just my $0.02

brandosfiero
11-29-2004, 12:50 AM
i would have them powdercoated but i dont have that kind of money until i get a real job.i would like to do the head but i didnt know it was that hard to do.i just dont want it to look like crap