PDA

View Full Version : Just bought an 85 - 250 SX

bigredhead
11-28-2004, 05:53 PM
And maaaaaan. this thing is fun.

In fair shape, all it really needs is brakes, none nodda not even a smidget of brakes on it right now.

any one with suggestions or spare parts plz pm me !

But what a difference from my 84 big red.. holy lord, just finished pressure washing it, and am reading the manual cover to cover !!!

woot . :beer

mad_max
11-28-2004, 11:14 PM
If you're into trail riding you'll love it. If you're into creeks and water be sure to keep the rear end serviced. :beer

bigredhead
11-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Yep. alot of trails, and soon to be snow. and during summer MUD.. LOTS OF MUD !

I'd like to be able to fit grease fittings on it, anyone got info on that ?

Got Bear Claws on the back and a 6 ply something devil on the front, kinda heavy but keeps the front down wich i like untill i get a good feel for it !

mad_max
12-03-2004, 12:48 AM
on the grease fittings get ahold of "dads" over on .org I think he posted a way to do that.

Tri-ZNate
12-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Why would you want grease fittings on an enclosed axel?

MTS
12-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Why would you want grease fittings on an enclosed axel?
becuse the honda axels arent enclosed properly even tho they say they are, they still seem to get mud and water in the axel and brake drum some how lol, ,my friends brakes on his 200m always freez when it gets cold, he didnt know why, took the drum off and there was about 2 inches of mud in there :p

hotroddal
12-05-2004, 01:25 AM
yep, the 250sx are fun i never had one but i test drove one, i think they have better suspention than the 250es big red and they handle alot better and seem to be a little bit more torque than the big red.

Tri-ZNate
12-05-2004, 10:22 AM
becuse the honda axels arent enclosed properly even tho they say they are, they still seem to get mud and water in the axel and brake drum some how lol, ,my friends brakes on his 200m always freez when it gets cold, he didnt know why, took the drum off and there was about 2 inches of mud in there :p

I see. I havent had problems yet with stuff getting in the axel but water and mud is getting in one of my drums. I figured if you just replaced the drum seal it would block out that shnit because my others dont have brake drum probs.

smokinp
12-06-2004, 02:29 PM
awsome!do you have any pics?