PDA

View Full Version : having a little problem with the cluth return spring on a 200x(kilabeeze)

vartiak15
11-27-2004, 03:53 PM
ok well im rebuilding my 200x motor its an 85. so i get all of the things on for the right side case and i got to put on the right side cover and it didnt go on. so then i figured out you have to twist the the cluth thing(where the cable connects ontop of the right side case cover) ok so now i get it on put a few bolts in and you can only move the clutch thing a little bit. it doesnt seem like it does anything. so i toor down the whole cluth assy. again and and put all back together and still the same thing. i was hoping to have the motor runnin todady. now i dont no what is going on. anyone know what im doing wrong? please guys let me no soon. wont be able to work on it today anymore got basketball games. but please the sooner i get the info the sooner my and dad can take a look at things. thanks guys.

MTS
11-27-2004, 03:55 PM
you have to put the clutch cover on without the clutch shaft that the cabel attches too, once the case is on you have to put the clutch shaft in you sometimes have to wriggle and give it a lil tap with a hammer, and volia it should work :p

vartiak15
11-27-2004, 04:03 PM
When you say clutch cover u mean the right side case cover?

vartiak15
11-27-2004, 04:05 PM
if someone can send me there aim screen name ill send pics to clear it up a lil. thanks guys.

vartiak15
11-27-2004, 04:51 PM
this is the shaft im talking about. we might be talking about the same one just making sure. i dont see how u can put the cover pn then slide the shaft in and get the spring on and everything.

MTS
11-27-2004, 06:06 PM
oh my bad, i forgot about that spring :rolleyes: , perhaps you can put that rod in far enough to keep the spring catched but it dosnt catch the rod on the clutch basket, then ones its on give it a tap and a turn down to get it in, another thing make sure the little ridges on the clutch lifter (the thing that pulls the clutch out) are facin the right way so they will line up properly with the clutch shaft :D

atczack
11-27-2004, 07:42 PM
vartiak,

Had same problem with my '83 when I put the new clutch plates in. I tore it all back apart thinking I did something wrong. Didn't do anything wrong. Put it all back together, same problem. Kick started trike, problem went away. I guess I should have tried kick starting it before I tore it all back apart. Oh well, you live you learn. I guess everything aotumatically straightens out once you kick start it. Give it a try, it's worth a shot.

vartiak15
11-27-2004, 10:24 PM
so everything works good after you kick strted it? you could pull the thing in the pic around? cuz now it will move a litlle bit then stop. and if u want to move it more it will pop the case cover off.

atczack
11-27-2004, 11:07 PM
When I had the problem with my '83 200x, originally after I put it all back together, that little arm on the right side case that the clutch cable goes to hardly moved. Also, my clutch lever on the handlebars was partially squeezed in, like an invisible hand was holding it halfway in. So I took it apart to inspect, but found out I did everything right. Then I BOLTED the case back on and put everything back together. ( I'm assuming you didn't bolt it back if it pushes the case back off.) Maybe I should clarify that I STARTED the bike. I probably confused you when I said I kicked it over. I ment that once the bike started up and ran for a few seconds the clutch lever on the handlebar popped back out where it's supposed to be, and the lever arm on the right side engine case worked freely.

vartiak15
11-28-2004, 12:21 AM
sounds good to me just came in from putting everything together on the right side case. now tomarrow i got the left side to do. any tips as far as timming goes?

MTS
11-28-2004, 12:30 AM
line up the marks for timein, its pretty idiot proof on theses things :)

atczack
11-28-2004, 01:45 AM
I think on your left hand side engine case there is a cap that a flathead screwdriver fits. The cap is about the size of a nickel. Unscrew it and you should see the flywheel on the inside of the case. You can put the trike in neutral and move the kickstart slowly and watch the flywheel move. Turn it until the 'T' lines up with the slot in the hole. At the same time I believe both valves should be closed. Then you want to make sure that your cam sprocket 'O' mark is lined up with the mark on the head cover. Then just make sure your rotor inside the C.D.I. unit lines up with the head cover mark also (I think). You'll notice inside the C.D.I unit there's an adjustable round plate that the generator (little black square box) is mounted to. You can adjust this by loosening a couple of screw's and lining it up with the rotor. Whew, I think that's the basics. I'll have to dig through my manual if you need any detailed info. I'll check back on this site tomorrow to see how your doing.

vartiak15
11-28-2004, 10:37 AM
ok thanks. i got a manual just seeing if there are any tricks like a timming gun? ill be putting together the whole motor today.