PDA

View Full Version : '85 ATC250R auction closes at $4,150 !?!??!

MO350X
11-26-2004, 01:10 AM
Good heavens.

What's up with this anyway??
A fluke?
And NO the buyer wasn't some jerk with (0) or, worse yet, negative feedback.
It's a decent Ebayer!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4504817053&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

What do you all think?

x.system
11-26-2004, 02:27 AM
I think its great but we will see if it gets paid for or relisted. Maybe email him in a week or two and see if he still has it.

Blown 331
11-26-2004, 07:59 AM
Wow, mine is in as nice all original condition as well, well it's blown up at the moment. lol.

MO350X
11-26-2004, 08:49 AM
The GOOD:
Providing it's a legit sale, it makes ours that much more valuable....IF you sell on eBay!

The BAD:
Someone with a computer seeing this sale on eBay and then asking that same price in a local newspaper or trader.
I am SO tired of, "...one just like mine sold for that much the other day on eBay for $4,000+!".
I tell them, "well, post it on ebay!!".

Best case scenario these days:
FINDING A SELLER OF AN ITEM YOU'RE LOOKING FOR THAT DOESN'T HAVE THE INTERNET!!!
Man, you can score BIG when that's the case!

Ebay has it's bad and good points.
It definitely drives the market nowadays.

Sorry to ramble. :)

Maine_Triker
11-26-2004, 10:41 AM
Man, that's the highest price for a unrestored 250r i've seen.

max
11-26-2004, 06:42 PM
Its A Frekin Ripp . This Dude Is Crazy. Nice Bike Though

MO350X
11-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Shill bidding?
I guess we'll never know.

Interesting, though.

Mr. Sandman
11-29-2004, 02:28 PM
When you think about it, the seller made out and the buyer got a hell of good deal. He got a high performance trike in excellent condition that will blow the doors off 99% of all the new quads available for less money. Throw in inflation from the last 20 years and $4150 is less than what you'd expect to pay. Gas in the mid 80's was $0.85 a gallon and now we're paying over $2 a gallon. Just do the math!

MTS
11-29-2004, 09:09 PM
The GOOD:
Providing it's a legit sale, it makes ours that much more valuable....IF you sell on eBay!

The BAD:
Someone with a computer seeing this sale on eBay and then asking that same price in a local newspaper or trader.
I am SO tired of, "...one just like mine sold for that much the other day on eBay for $4,000+!".

FINDING A SELLER OF AN ITEM YOU'RE LOOKING FOR THAT DOESN'T HAVE THE INTERNET!!!

i know ecactly what you mean!!! the scarp yard i use think tri-z's 250rs are all 24karret gold plated or someting lol, they want 1000$ for a beat tri-z that is missing half the parts and they want 1500$ for an 83' R thats in ok shape but you can get a nice water pumper for that much around hear lol ;)

85_ATC_200S
11-29-2004, 09:54 PM
I'd give him 1500 for it.

83200e
11-30-2004, 03:44 PM
When you think about it, the seller made out and the buyer got a hell of good deal. He got a high performance trike in excellent condition that will blow the doors off 99% of all the new quads available for less money. Throw in inflation from the last 20 years and $4150 is less than what you'd expect to pay. Gas in the mid 80's was $0.85 a gallon and now we're paying over $2 a gallon. Just do the math!

No,he still got screwed any way you look at it. He payed nearly double what he should have.(if he pays)

Billy Golightly
11-30-2004, 04:24 PM
No doubt thats high but a few years ago one with that still had the tits on the original tires went for over $5,000. Someone on here bought it said they werent going to do anything with it but use it as a collectors piece.

Mr. Sandman
11-30-2004, 06:11 PM
No,he still got screwed any way you look at it. He payed nearly double what he should have.(if he pays)

He didn't get screwed but yes he paid more than what most 250R's go for now days. If he doesn't pay, oh well, that's the buyer's/seller's problem. If he does pay he'll get a bike that will outperform just about any new (and most old) ATV available and it obviously holds it's value very well. When I bought my 250R new 20 years ago, people thought I was crazy for paying over $2400 for it, but now when I whoop *** on a new quad that someone spent $6000-$7000 on new and then dumped another couple of grand into on mods, who is the crazy one?

It's all about supply and demand. And from what I've seen latley, the supply of xln't. condition/stock 250R's is low. Most have been modified to the point that they run like crap or they are Frankenstein'd together with an array of aftermarket parts or they are so thrashed that they are held together with oversided bolts, washers, and duct tape.

deathman53
11-30-2004, 06:58 PM
yeah, nice stock ones are hard to get. the ones I have/had, were kinda beat, the first was beat and I restored it(for racing), second(no motor), took it apart and used the frame and front tire, we had a cut the swingarm to get the bolt out(the swinger was cracked anyway), third was a stripped for parts for a trx250r, the sad thing was he said the bike was 100% stock when he got it, he bought it for $500, took the motor, electronics, swinger, exhaust????, lost the tank(he doesn't know where it is), front forks needed seals from sitting outside, the frame got rusty, broken bolts in the tripples, apartanly they had problems taking the exhaust off and just used a cutting torch around the boss for the bolt(absolute butchery). the brake pedal was rusted solid on the connecting piece to the master cylinder(another thing I had to cut out). Another thing, it had stock mint plastic on it, the orinal owner took it off and put on maier fenders, the guy had the stock fenders at one time(unused mint shape) and like usual doesn't know where they are either. It even had the original title , dealer sticker(pink slip), and bill of sale from the original owner to him(he lost it).
I got alot of aftermarket parts on my r, but mine is done right, I have a short track kit, elka shock, lsr rear end, hyper beadlocks, new carb, reeds, ported cylinder, the whole nine yards and it looks good. I know a perfect stock one will bring more money, the way I look at is as if I'm saving one with help from others stripped for parts(trx) and I have almost enough parts to build another when I get the money together to powder coat, and buy aftermarket trx parts to use for the rear end and rear shcok. the pic doesn't show all of the parts that are on it now.

http://www.pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/deathman53/330r+8-15.JPG.html

deathman53
11-30-2004, 07:11 PM
http://www.pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/deathman53/330r+8-15.JPG.html

Fox250R
11-30-2004, 07:25 PM
He didn't get screwed lol..I bet hes got tons of money laying around...He would of paid much more if he had too.. Besides who cares how much he paid for it,maybe your just jelous you didn't get it!

MO350X
11-30-2004, 11:18 PM
He didn't get screwed but yes he paid more than what most 250R's go for now days. If he doesn't pay, oh well, that's the buyer's/seller's problem. If he does pay he'll get a bike that will outperform just about any new (and most old) ATV available and it obviously holds it's value very well. When I bought my 250R new 20 years ago, people thought I was crazy for paying over $2400 for it, but now when I whoop *** on a new quad that someone spent $6000-$7000 on new and then dumped another couple of grand into on mods, who is the crazy one?

It's all about supply and demand. And from what I've seen latley, the supply of xln't. condition/stock 250R's is low. Most have been modified to the point that they run like crap or they are Frankenstein'd together with an array of aftermarket parts or they are so thrashed that they are held together with oversided bolts, washers, and duct tape.

I hear you.

I took my R out for the first time last Sunday, the 28th.

It is a rocket, I'll admit that.
But it's also a fantastic trail trike.
I was VERY pleasantly surprised.
From the way some folks talked, it was too peaky and squirrelly.
I'm here to say that is far from the truth.

Mine is STOCK, except for it's silencer, back tires and rear grab bar.

I got a steal on it and I'm so pleased I can hardly contain myself.
Bought it off the board, too.

And Yes, I did embarass some new BIG $$$ quads....and I'm a newbie rider!
I have less than 1/4 of what those guys had in those new rides. :D

83200e
12-01-2004, 11:06 AM
He didn't get screwed lol..I bet hes got tons of money laying around...He would of paid much more if he had too.. Besides who cares how much he paid for it,maybe your just jelous you didn't get it!

Maybe just a little.

TTribaLL
12-01-2004, 02:26 PM
The GOOD:

The BAD:

That is so true. The people who don't see all the other (more expensive) trikes for sale, don't raise their price to compete.

Anyways, did you all see that perfect skid plate? Kind-of amazing if you ask me.

yamaha225dx
12-19-2004, 02:03 AM
it appears that he bought it and paid for it according to the feedback anyways.....

MO350X
12-19-2004, 08:42 AM
it appears that he bought it and paid for it according to the feedback anyways.....

I've had it bookmarked all this time to see what happens.

The BUYER hasn't left feedback yet, though.

Hey, if it was a legit sale, we 250R owners can now say, "Well, I saw one on Ebay go for $4,150!!!". :rolleyes:

I HATE it when I look at a car/truck/bike locally and the owner says, "But I saw one just like this go for this much on Ebay..........".
I politely walk away thinking, "well post it on Ebay stupid!".

Sorry to rant. :p

4cylinders
12-19-2004, 12:36 PM
hey, if you price this stuff by legitimate replacement value, it would all be a lot higher priced than it is.

Pistonhead
12-19-2004, 12:59 PM
i know ecactly what you mean!!! the scarp yard i use think tri-z's 250rs are all 24karret gold plated or someting lol, they want 1000$ for a beat tri-z that is missing half the parts and they want 1500$ for an 83' R thats in ok shape but you can get a nice water pumper for that much around hear lol ;)

That 83r would be the one with the flamed fenders at re-cycle?

350xsx
12-22-2004, 12:56 AM
Yah it definatelydepends on hw you look at it, if he never saw any oter trikes for sale to get an average price, he doesnt know and probably doesnt care

Hey Deathman, after this winter we have to hit up the track together a few times im in the middle of a frame up rebuild with the 350X so by the end of the winter ill be ready to ride again, i remember talkin to you about going ridng together at englishtown, you want to go to rausch creek too maybe after the winter, i think after seeing that picture im convinced to gowith a 430-450 kit with mine so if we do ride together i can maybe sort of come close to keeping up with that lol

a-camp
12-22-2004, 01:12 AM
May have been priceing 4 wheel 250rs???????

1985 200s
12-22-2004, 09:18 AM
The seller left him feedback. Seems to be a done deal.