PDA

View Full Version : If Money Wasn't an option?

Fox250R
11-25-2004, 01:22 AM
I thought this might be kinda cool to start this thread..(If Money wasn't an option how would you build your trike?) Im just having fun with this so here i go..
I'd buy a 86 ATC250R... Whatever Condition.
Buy all new plastic,nuts bolts esc.Paint the frame,Crome beedlock wheels and Paul turner HR pipe..Polish everything possiable..New tires all the way around and a set of haulers..300 watt baja lights.and desert seat.Renthal handle bars with tether switch.Works suspension and a pair of CRF450 forks and maybe even a stabilizer..drill holes in the frame and swinger for less weight.Im sure there's a 100 other things i could do, but i dont wanna spend all night thinking about it...Now the motor.....
I'd just send the motor to duncan maybe get the pc2000 power cylinder..Get the National racing kit that runs about $1500 lol..39mm
pwk carb,K&N fliter,ptr power head,pyramid reed valve,shave the head,lighten the piston,Stroker crank..........AH hell i don't know! But it sure is fun thinking about it! Im sure i've spent about 15G or more haha.... Let me know what you would do to your trike or any bike you would love to own..Im sure alot of people will beat my idea for a kickass setup,but lets hear your ideas..Hope you have fun with this! :)

TTribaLL
11-25-2004, 01:41 AM
hmm

I would Take a Tri-Z, paint the frame black with pearl coat. Fit her with some new white plastics and seat, with black stickers. Razr's, and some other random tire for the front. I don't know about the rims, but they would be chrome. Engine would be chrome, foot pegs would be chrome...I would put on a new +3 swinger, and paint it black. All the bolts would be chrome, same with the 6-pack rack...and pretty much anything else that would make it faster:beer

Yeah, I think it would look pretty sweet. Maybe I'll do some photo editing and try and make one like it :D

Oh, and I would do every engine mod possible...and for the muffler...well it could be any muffler, just has to be chrome.

MTS
11-25-2004, 01:43 AM
dude if money wasnt an option i would supe the hell outa my 78 ATC90 to beat all of your 250 pingers lol

Tri-ZNate
11-25-2004, 02:43 AM
I would take my 350x engine, mod it all to hell with every possible tuning and the exaust would be a supertrapp,and put it in a 250x. Chop off the front of the 250x and put a 250R front on instead. Also I would put a 50 tooth sprocket on back and a 12 in front and see how far I could peelout with it, and to clock it at full bore I would have a 15 tooth front and a 24 in back. Also I believe atleast a 40mm carb would be in order. Axel extensions as well and I would lower it for drags.

Then I would take my SXs and just put a high compression piston and a better cam in them. Also a 34 mm carb. there isnt much you can do to make them faster so those mods would be fine.

Then I would get a 200x and put a 250R motor in it with some prying. Axel extensions, lift kit, moding of the engine, and some big ol tires.

Fox250R
11-25-2004, 02:54 AM
NICE! I've always wondered what a banshee motor in a 86R frame would be like...hummmmmmmmm :eek:

glass
11-26-2004, 06:40 PM
I would call all the people who owned or still own honda dealerships all over the world and offer ridiculous amounts of money for some of the bikes that were tucked away never assembled or sent back after the consent decree. You know that there has to be some, probably quite a few. If that did not work I would buy all the tooling from the big four and start production again and would give every member of this site a brand new trike, whichever model they wanted.

Billy Golightly
11-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Specific things I would do to my Z:

Billet machined aluminum gas tank for the Tri-Z to replace the airbox
Billet machined titanium swingarm in +2, +4, and +6 flavors with an adjustable strut.
Custom machined titanium rear axle in stock, +2, +4, and +6 flavors
Custom machined billet titanium front tripple trees using modified modern MX Inverted front forks.
Tripple rate Elka rear shock.
Modern 2005 YZ250 engine with revised internal gearing and a forward operational kick starter
Billet aluminum hubs
Titanium brake discs
Hi-per Rims (Carbon Fiber)

Mmm....all I can think of for now :p

trikerider2oo7
11-26-2004, 09:40 PM
whats wrong w/ a normal gas tank billy?

i would buy an 87 tecate and restore it with a bunch of custom parts

Billy Golightly
11-26-2004, 09:51 PM
whats wrong w/ a normal gas tank billy?

i would buy an 87 tecate and restore it with a bunch of custom parts

Everyone has one! :p :naughty:

honda200
11-27-2004, 12:04 AM
either a 250R or a Tri Z

250R:

Suzuki Haybusa 1300 motor in it, with tons of hopups
+2 swinger
extended axle
20 inch rear tires
22 inch front tire
15 tooth on front
26 tooth on back
carbon fiber rims
Fuel injection
NOS
Vortex ignition system
Drag pipes
wiesco pro lite pistons
bored out to a 3000 (if thats possible)
lowered 6 inches
American Racing Tires
Running on Jet Fuel
Complete Axis Shocks all around
Custom Rear Plastics,
Pure Gold frame with HRC inlayed with 12 Carot diamonds
Air Scoops
Wheely Bar
Hinsen Clutch Basket
K&N air Filter
Renthal Bars
Lonestar Steering Stem
Chromed Motor
Hot Cams cam
PWR Rad
Pro Design Shifters
Nerf Bars
Stiffer Valve Springs
Ported, Polished
Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Alluminum Oil Tank
Chrome Gas tank
Electric Start (I dont think I could kick it over)
DID X Ring Chain
Rickys Stator
EBC brake pads (i would need to stop somehow)

Estimated Cost:
somewhere around 150 grand

Curtis

Fox250R
11-27-2004, 06:40 AM
Now that sounds awesome !!

BigGreenMachine
11-27-2004, 11:35 AM
I'd have to buy a used Tecate, an 85 cause I wouldn't want to change my already nice 85 project. This 85 I'd have billet tripples to fit KX inverted forks and keep the fat tire. Would have a custom valved Works Raptor rear shock with settings to match the front, all set up for my weight and for big air. The frame would be a gusseted custom chromoly squaretube unit with new motor mounts and an aluminum sub frame. The motor would be the new KX450F fourstroke modded with a cam, port work, clutch, bigger carb and UNI filter. The sub frame would hold a custom aluminum airbox vented as much as possible but still allowing no water to enter. The swingarm would be a +2 Westcoast replica that accepts the TRX bearing carrier. I'd have a tapered bearing carrier and +6 Durablue axle. Hubs would be custom billet, wheels would be 9 inch carbon fiber wrapped in 18inch Knarly MX's. Fenders would be reproduced by Maier original 85 Fenders without the mudflap mounting tabs and the front would be trimmed 4 inches like the JWR manual describes. The gas tank would be an 04 KX250 tank because the frame top tube would be changed to accept the higher KX450F motor and the drop in KX tank. Would have all the accesories like fork guards, swingarm skid, engine skid, Desert seat, and the colour would be black and Kawasaki green.

Maine_Triker
11-27-2004, 12:18 PM
The one trike I would build would be a ATC450R. I'd take a TRX 450R, rip off the front end, put on custom built forks,and chrome out all parts. Extended swingarm and axle. All possible engine mods to make it faster, dual carbs. It'd also have a speedo and tach.

Phroziac
11-27-2004, 01:59 PM
If money was not an option I would put full air suspension on my Scat tracker, large engine with transmission (350x? bigger?), stronger diff (to go with the engine), missiles that are hidden under the fenders and pop out to destroy any trike that might somehow be faster then it (http://www.3wheelerworld.com/FastestTrike.shtml), dual pop-out machine guns with 9 yard belts just in case the missiles don't do the job!
Cupholders too! of course!

Would also need an mp3 stereo, with very tiny but pretty powerful speakers. I suppose CDs would be a bad idea...

Oh and the hydraulic brakes, the band brakes would never stop it with any large engine....

Man i'm gonna have to edit a pic of the trike and put these features on it!

AirManCam
11-27-2004, 10:11 PM
I see a couple problems with two posts. First one, I would like to see a 350x chain drivin motor put into a 250sx shaft drivin chassis. Second problem, A 1300cc motor in a 350x chassis, with only a +2 swinger. With just a pipe filter and the normal mods you might want one.

ATC crazy
11-28-2004, 12:56 PM
I would have my ATC450R and Tri-Z YFZ built with aluminum chassis and long travel suspension.

Oh...and I would have to have a ATC650R built using the XR650R's motor :-P