PDA

View Full Version : Tapping/clanking

bigredforeman
11-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Hey guys, I was a member of this forum a few years back, it's good to be back here again. I have an 84 200ES and a 03 Foreman S(450)

This question pertains to my 4 wheeler (sorry, lol)

It's been involved in an accident where I was riding behind an inexperienced driver...long story, but here's what I need to know...

Just recently (a few months ago), I noticed a clanking or tapping whenever I revved up the engine either in gear or out of gear. It sounds exactly like sheets of aluminum clanking together really fast....that kinda light clanking sound.....any ideas as to what this could be?

Thanks a bunch

BIGCRIP28
11-24-2004, 08:42 PM
valves, cam chain?

85_ATC_200S
11-24-2004, 09:07 PM
Most likely bent valves, but what would this have to do with rearending a guy? How would that effect your motor?

bigredforeman
11-24-2004, 10:18 PM
the guy stopped short and to his left (my path), my bike collided with his, I went flying into the air, my 4 wheeler went into the air and then rolled....

I never said that there was a connection, just giving some background info in case they could be tied together....

bigredforeman
11-24-2004, 10:20 PM
I haven't been back to the dealership yet for the expected visit to adjust the valves.....could that be it?

again, appreciative for any info...

MTS
11-24-2004, 10:43 PM
yes your valves could need adjusting and your cam chain if it has not been done befor, also have you changed the gas you are usein like the ammount of octane?