PDA

View Full Version : plugs fouling out on my 200es B.R.

svo58
11-24-2004, 07:12 PM
I have two 84 200es big reds ,they both foul out plugs after 3 or 4 miles,after that the plug is black with carbon and the trike dont start untill i put a new plug.I rebuilt the carb. on one of them.It's still the same the plug fouls out.Any body know what's wrong with them.The "T" mark is lind up ,so is the "F" mark.Could it be the valves need adjusting ,thats the only thing i did not check,how often do i need to regap them,does anybody else have this problem and did you fix it.thanks.......svo58

Quickonstep
11-24-2004, 07:36 PM
lean the carbs up a bit.. and then take another plug reading.. reading the plug will assist you in getting the proper carb adjustment.

Jesse

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-24-2004, 08:29 PM
The piston rings could be wore out, The carb could be set to rich,, Could be an electrical problem, And could also be too cold of a plug... check with the simplest stuff and go from there..

bigredhead
11-24-2004, 09:31 PM
Got the same problem with mine. 84 200 es.

I have'nt checked the valves either(considering it, but waiting on a carb kit at the moment )

I see to have lots of compression, the pull start has lots of resistance, compared to my friends 200m that smokes like all hell.

P-O-Prune
12-06-2004, 12:22 PM
Hi, I'm new to all of this. But here is my suggestion.
First :- Do you need any choke first thing when cold?
Second :- Can you run on full choke when cold, or choke at all?
If the answers are No to both, you are running too rich.
Check that the choke is operating and shutting off fully. ( sticking open! ) play on cable!
Check that the float level is not too high.
A hotter plug would not solve the problem.
Hope this helps a little...